Qlik Community

New to QlikView

Discussion board where members can get started with QlikView.

Announcements
QlikWorld, June 24-25, 2020. Free virtual event for DI and DA gurus. Register Now
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Creator
Creator

Mouse Hover message on the Chart or finger pointer on charts to show they can be drill down

Hi,

i have multiple graphs on my dashboard. Few are static like read only and few are clickable ( users can filter or drill down in these charts). Is there any way i can have a finger pointer symbol when the user mouse hover on the clickable charts instead of  the big '+ ' symbol to show that these charts can be clicked for further actions or just show a message when they mouse hover on the chart.

NOTE : I cannot use the "Help" message in the Caption for all charts as i have multiple overlapping charts and i am hiding the caption in this case. Also, i cannot have Text object overlay-ed on the graph as the user will click on the Bar or Pie slice to drill down.

Thanks a lot!

Labels (1)
2 Replies
Highlighted
Master II
Master II

Re: Mouse Hover message on the Chart or finger pointer on charts to show they can be drill down

QlikView has no On Mouse Over event.

Highlighted
Digital Support
Digital Support

Re: Mouse Hover message on the Chart or finger pointer on charts to show they can be drill down

Prachi, I did some searching, and I am pretty sure that is 'hardcoded' and not able to be changed unfortunately.  Sorry I do not have better news for you on this one.  Below is a Help link that will not give you anything new, but explains the selecting in each object type, but nothing there regarding the mouse icon etc...

https://help.qlik.com/en-US/qlikview/April2019/Subsystems/Client/Content/QV_QlikView/Selections_in_c...

Regards,
Brett

To help users find verified answers, please do not forget to use the "Accept as Solution" button on any post(s) that helped you resolve your problem or question.
I now work a compressed schedule, Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursday, so those will be the days I will reply to any follow-up posts.