Qlik Community

New to QlikView

Discussion board where members can get started with QlikView.

Announcements
Coming your way, the Qlik Data Revolution Virtual Summit. October 27-29. REGISTER
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Contributor
Contributor

Move the amounts to the Common dimension value for Budget expression

Hello,

Here are my data:

EXCEL_x8mPxAipOZ.png

The result in my QVW:

mstsc_TaHYRMqfsP.png

For the Budget expression I'd like to move the data to the Common dimension for each Plant.

How can I do that?

Thank you very much.

3 Replies
Highlighted
Partner
Partner

Hi,

You can do it through script like below:

DATA:
LOAD
Plant,
Period,
Actual
FROM [C:\Users\sumantakm215\Desktop\CFO\CFO_Data set.xlsx] (ooxml, embedded labels, table is Sheet5);
LEFT JOIN
LOAD
Plant,
'Common'      AS Period,
Sum(Budget) AS Budget
FROM [C:\Users\sumantakm215\Desktop\CFO\CFO_Data set.xlsx] (ooxml, embedded labels, table is Sheet5)
GROUP BY Plant;

Highlighted
Contributor
Contributor

I see. Unfortunately I can't keep the field 'Period' in my real file since it creates a loop in the datamodel.

Here is the structure of the current data:

• Plant
•• Production Unit
••• Cost center

My data source only has cost centers. These cost centers codes are linked to a global table to get the related production units and plants.

Please check the file attached which should explain my problem.

Highlighted
Digital Support
Digital Support

I would recommend searching in the Design Blog area, not exactly sure what you need at the moment, so just giving you the base URL, you can use the search box there to look around for posts that may be helpful for your use case.  Sorry I do not have something better for you, but hopefully this may provide some further ideas.  It is best to start with a single word in the search, see what pops up and narrow from there...

https://community.qlik.com/t5/Qlik-Design-Blog/bg-p/qlik-design-blog

Regards,
Brett

To help users find verified answers, please do not forget to use the "Accept as Solution" button on any post(s) that helped you resolve your problem or question.
I now work a compressed schedule, Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursday, so those will be the days I will reply to any follow-up posts.