Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Ms Access

hello guys,

I am new to qlikview, and iam trying to learn qlikview. i have a database in ms Acces, i have uploaded the tables using the sql. qlick is automaticaly connecting the tables and because of this some of the values are dulipcated. i am using the personal edition so i cant use other examples. i want to remove synthetic keys and add myown joins (left join)

can you please provide me a solution and also some examples, not .qvw file, the script for ms access loading.

3 Replies
Not applicable
Author

The simplest way is in your load use "field AS new_fieldname" to differentiate between versions of fields you do not want QlikView to join.

This associative linking by field name is the way the product works and has a lot of power once you get used to it.

Not applicable
Author

Hi,
You could also use Qualify as part of 'your' load script which will result in something you will be used to as a database user ie TableName.FieldName & by using * you get around having to rename all the fields being loaded. For example,

QUALIFY *;
Table1:
LOAD
Field1,
Field2,
Field3
FROM..........................................;

This will result in fields being loaded as 'Table1.Field1' etc . If & when you want to stop this behaviour you need to employ Unqualify followed by the last table name eg UNQUALIFY Table1;

Not applicable
Author

thanks a lot