Qlik Community

New to QlikView

Discussion board where members can get started with QlikView.

Announcements

Breathe easy -- you now have more time to plan your next steps with Qlik!
QlikView 11.2 Extended Support is now valid through December 31, 2020. Click here for more information.

Not applicable

Multiple Set Analysis

I am trying to pull through the sum of Cost for:

• Quadrant (field), where the field shows "Acute"
  • Quadrant (field), where the field shows "Mental Health", but only where the Quadrant sub category (field) shows "Day Care" and "In Patients".

I have used a set analysis wizard to create the script below, and QV tells me that the expression is ok, but the chart is showing "no data to display".

=Money(Sum({1<Quadrant+={'Acute'},Quadrant+=P({1<Quadrant={$(=Mental Health)}>}Day Care)>}Cost))

What am I doing wrong? Grateful for any advice please

Many thanks

Claire

Tags (1)
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
whiteline
Honored Contributor II

Re: Multiple Set Analysis

What am I doing wrong?

Using the set analysis wizard

-In set analysis you can't use the fields more than one time in a set, you've used the Quadrant twice (think of this as using two listboxes simultaniously).

-the $-sign expansion tries to evaluate the expression, but there is and error as Mental Health is used without quotes and it's not a field name.

-Day Care is also used in a wrong way, since the using of P function assumes a field name, not the value.

You could try this:

=Sum({1<Quadrant={"Acute"}>+1<Quadrant={"Mental Health"}, QuadrantSubCategory={"In Patients","Day Care"}>} Cost)

2 Replies
whiteline
Honored Contributor II

What am I doing wrong?

Using the set analysis wizard

-In set analysis you can't use the fields more than one time in a set, you've used the Quadrant twice (think of this as using two listboxes simultaniously).

-the $-sign expansion tries to evaluate the expression, but there is and error as Mental Health is used without quotes and it's not a field name.

-Day Care is also used in a wrong way, since the using of P function assumes a field name, not the value.

You could try this:

=Sum({1<Quadrant={"Acute"}>+1<Quadrant={"Mental Health"}, QuadrantSubCategory={"In Patients","Day Care"}>} Cost)

Not applicable

I did try using the set analysis wizard and that's the formula it gave me, so it's obviously not all that straight forward! 

Thank you Whiteline for your advice, much appreciated!

Community Browser