Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Multiple lines in a line chart?

Hello, fairly new to Qlikview so apologies for the fairly basic question.

I'm trying to create a simple line chart to show the price of a couple stocks:

GS, JPM, TRV.

However, I am unable to create these expressions using the chart builder.

Can someone point me in the right direction?

I've attached the file I am using; I'm trying to plot AdjClose-TRV, AdjClose-GS, and AdjClose-JPM variables against Date.

Thanks!

qliktastic

4 Replies
mambi
Creator III
Creator III

right click on your sheet -> new sheet object ->  chart

then choose tour chart (bar chart, line chart,..) -> Click Next -> add Date field as Dimension  -> Click Next -> add the expression : sum ( AdjClose-TRV ) repeat this expression for AdjClose-GS , AdjClose-JPM -> click finish

Not applicable
Author

Thanks - that worked!  Two other questions:

1. Is there a way to highlight one of the lines via a List Box selection? Eg, the options would be GS, JPM and TRV.  When each is selected only that line will appear.

2. If I have a pie chart, all the other sections of the pie chart disappear when I select item(s) from a list box.  Is there a setting wherein the other sections of the pie chart remain, and the selected section is, for instance, illuminated?

I've attached the .qvw file for reference.

Not applicable
Author

Hi qliktastic

If You select any item in the listbox it is an selection of the item where you have given an Dimension for the Pie chart.

IT Represents that when you select an single selection of list box it shows the preview in the Pie Chart. When You are not selected any item in listbox it show all representations in the pie chart.

I am Sharing Some ScreenShots check it

1) It is Normal View in chart

1.jpg

2) It is When Select Any item from listBox It represents like this

2.jpg

3) This is also another example for you

3.jpg

4) This Explains about the MULTIPLE  selection in the listbox it represents in the pie chart.

4.jpg

mambi
Creator III
Creator III

Hi,

you can find here the response for your both questions :

Line Chart tricks: Displaying what's important