Skip to main content
Announcements
Live today at 11 AM ET. Get your questions about Qlik Connect answered, or just listen in. SIGN UP NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous
Not applicable

Multiple selections from a chart

When making my selections, I'd like to be able to make multiple selections without having to drag over my selection.

i.e. After clicking/making a selection, I don't want any of the other items to disappear in the chart/straight table. I then want to proceed and make more and more selections (like a checkbox mechanism).

I then want whatever is selected, to appear on another chart (similar to the Current Selections sheet object - and I'd like to include multiple columns with this).

Is this possible? If so, how?

Thanks very much in advance!

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Hello!

If you want something like a check box, you can configure it on your list box properties, selecting on "Selection Style Override" options as "Windows Checkboxes", "LED" or "LED Check Boxes".

Checkbox.jpg

And could you explain better what you want to do in this chart with current selections?

Regards,

Gabriel

View solution in original post

3 Replies
Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Hello!

If you want something like a check box, you can configure it on your list box properties, selecting on "Selection Style Override" options as "Windows Checkboxes", "LED" or "LED Check Boxes".

Checkbox.jpg

And could you explain better what you want to do in this chart with current selections?

Regards,

Gabriel

JonnyPoole
Employee
Employee

If you are using the AJAX / Full Browser version  or using 'web view' mode in the desktop, hold down the CTRL key as you drag for your selections in the chart.  It is not a well known selection feature but it works.  See below for 2 non-contiguous blocks.

Also - in Qlik Sense, the selection mechanism you describe for a chart is available out of box.

Untitled.png

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Hi Gabriel

Thanks for your answer.

I'd like to make selections and then export to an excel document for forwarding on to a colleague of mine. Basically, a quick and easy way to make a new list of all of the data required based on criteria/selections made in Qlikview.

Hope that makes sense