Announcements
Qlik Connect 2024! Seize endless possibilities! LEARN MORE
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Multiple tables with same date field creates many synthetic keys

I am trying to create a management dashboard.  I have several departmental qlikview documents, but need to  do several things in this one i haven't done before in qlikview.

I have several tables (10) that need to tie together with the date.  I have been just renaming the date fields (Tran Date, TransDate, PTPDate, etc) to Date.  It worked with the other documents because there weren't so many synthetic keys.  How do I make a master calendar that ties to all my tables?

The synthetic keys (20+) have locked up my version of Qlikview, so i tried to use a qualify statement, but since I have several of the same table (multiple months, 1 table per month), the field names become weird variations - DTJ.TranDate, DTJ1.TranDate, DTJTranDate2, etc.

I have also been tasked with creating all the gauges, tables, charts on a mtd current and mtd previous comparison. 

I have it set up where you can see what ever time frame you need by selecting a value on the right but with the qualify statement none of the date fields interact with it! 

HELP!

4 Replies
Not applicable
Author

I Attached this master calendar, paste it in your script with an initial and end date and tie it with the date field.

Hope It helps!!!

Not applicable
Author

It sounds like you are having a problem because it is creating one master link.

Try renaming each table connecting.

Example:

table one:

date as date1

table 2

date as date1

date as date2

Table 3

date as date2

date as date3

Do this for each table and it should remove synthetic tables, and create one long connection

Not applicable
Author

You wont need more Date fields but just the Data field from master calendar and 1 from the Data table wich you will connect the master calendar, so you can comment the rest of your Date fields that are cousing problems.

Greetings!!

Not applicable
Author

You also can try concatenating tables to avoid sintetyc tables.