Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Sean_BI
Creator
Creator

NAS Drive as mounted drive

Dear QV Support Team -

Currently, the mounted folder in QMC is mapped to local drive where all the extractors (qvw's) and qv application's (qvw's) are saved. This root directory includes .pgo files as well. Now, i need to map the NAS drive as storage drive instead of local drive.

1.What qv files should be moved to NAS drive like, do i need to move qvd, qvw, .pgo. ?

2. Can i use NAS drive location to save my qv server log files?

3. Any network latency issue if i mound the NAS drive in QMC like I/O.

4. What are other check point i need to ensure in mounting NAS drive. ( i suppose need to use UNC path rather than network path while mounting as the service account running the qv service may not have network directory access)

Appreciate your early response on my query.

Rgds,

Sean.

Labels (1)
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Josh_Berg_Support

Sean,

Please see this article regarding Qlik Support and the use of NAS drives in a Qlikview environment.   If the Windows server share is mapped on a NAS, it is supported, this is the only way we support NAS at the moment.  Qlik Sense is more tolerable of NAS drives but they need to be of a very high performance.  Where you may run into issues here is storing the PGO files on a NAS as it may not have the disk response time Qlikview requires to read and write to the PGO files as part of normal operations.  

Hope this helps!

Thanks,
Josh

Qlik Support

To help users find verified answers, please don't forget to use the "Accept as Solution" button on any posts that helped you resolve your problem or question.

View solution in original post

2 Replies
Josh_Berg_Support

Sean,

Please see this article regarding Qlik Support and the use of NAS drives in a Qlikview environment.   If the Windows server share is mapped on a NAS, it is supported, this is the only way we support NAS at the moment.  Qlik Sense is more tolerable of NAS drives but they need to be of a very high performance.  Where you may run into issues here is storing the PGO files on a NAS as it may not have the disk response time Qlikview requires to read and write to the PGO files as part of normal operations.  

Hope this helps!

Thanks,
Josh

Qlik Support

To help users find verified answers, please don't forget to use the "Accept as Solution" button on any posts that helped you resolve your problem or question.
Sean_BI
Creator
Creator
Author

Thank you Josh. How about SAN set up instead of NAS? 

I need to know what is the best practice or proven approach for storage of qlik data in a prod and DR cluster set up to be in sync.

Appreciate your early response.

Rgds,

SEAN