Qlik Community

New to QlikView

Discussion board where members can get started with QlikView.

pratiksha
New Contributor

Navigating to 2 different sheets using Button/Tab on same sheet

Hi All

I am trying to show multiple sheet in 1 sheet using Button or Tab

Please refer img

1)When i click on TOTAL SALES it should show sales chart.

2)When i click on Fresh Food Sales it should show Fresh Food Sales chart

S1.JPGs2.JPG

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
saratchandra30
New Contributor III

Re: Navigating to 2 different sheets using Button/Tab on same sheet

Hi Pratiksha,

Please see the attached. I have created a similar Qvw file so that it will be helpful for you to understand. Kindly go through the steps below.

Steps:-

1. Create a variable.

2. Create two text objects with desired names.

3. For each of the text objects Go to Actions --> Add --> External --> Set Variable and in the variable section give the name which you have created in the first step.

4. In the variable value give a different value for both Ex:- 0 and 1 (or) 1 and 2

5. For each of the chart you created go to Layout --> Under Show -->Select Conditional --> Give the values which you are setting in step 3 and 4.

6. That's it when you click on a Text object then the chart corresponding to that will be displayed.

Thanks,

Sarat.K

5 Replies
niclaz79
Contributor III

Hi,

The simplest way to create this is a variable that toggles with the click of buttons (click Total Sales, set variable to 1, click Fresh Food Sales, set variable to 0) using the trigger portion of a text object.

Then you have the two charts readily available and set the conditional show in Layout tab to check for the value of the variable.

manoj217
Contributor II

In button action create set variable vtoggle=1 for total sales and set variable vtoggle=0 for food sales

for chart enable the conditional vtoggle=1 for one chart vtoggle=0 for another chart

arvind1494
Contributor III

See this application:

saratchandra30
New Contributor III

Hi Pratiksha,

Please see the attached. I have created a similar Qvw file so that it will be helpful for you to understand. Kindly go through the steps below.

Steps:-

1. Create a variable.

2. Create two text objects with desired names.

3. For each of the text objects Go to Actions --> Add --> External --> Set Variable and in the variable section give the name which you have created in the first step.

4. In the variable value give a different value for both Ex:- 0 and 1 (or) 1 and 2

5. For each of the chart you created go to Layout --> Under Show -->Select Conditional --> Give the values which you are setting in step 3 and 4.

6. That's it when you click on a Text object then the chart corresponding to that will be displayed.

Thanks,

Sarat.K

lfholland
New Contributor III

If I understand your post correctly, you should be able to use a container.

Each one of these is a button and when you click the button, it shows you the respective chart or table.

Below is some information on containers.

https://help.qlik.com/en-US/qlikview/November2017/Subsystems/Client/Content/Container%20object.htm