Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
jmonroe918
Creator II
Creator II

Navigation - Hide Pages

I would like to create a dashboard that does the following:

1. Hide the tabs of some sheets when not active (Sheets 2 & 3)
  2. When "Go to Sheet 2" 'button' is clicked, Sheet 2 appears.
  3. When "Main" button is clicked, Sheet 2 disappears and "Main" sheet becomes active.
  4. When "Go to Sheet 3" is clicked, Sheet 3 appears.
  5. When "Go to Sheet 2" is clicked (while on Sheet 3), Sheet 2 appeara and Sheet 3 is hidden

and so on...

I want Sheet 1, with a tab, to remain available, and if I click on the tab, the current Sheet 2 or 3 is again hidden.

I've attached the qvw file.

Thanks.

Jeff

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
MK_QSL
MVP
MVP

What is your requirement?

Please check enclosed file...

View solution in original post

9 Replies
MK_QSL
MVP
MVP

like this?

jmonroe918
Creator II
Creator II
Author

Manish:

This is great, thanks. A couple of questions:

1. How can I default so that neiterh sheet 2 or 3 are visible when launched?
  2. How can I make it so while you have sheet 2 or 3 open, when you click the Main tab, those sheets close (Sheets 2 or 3).
  3. Is it possible to hide sheet tabs?
  4. Is there a way to display Sheets 2 and 3 while working on them. For example: I accidently delete the button to activatet the sheet. Is there a place to manage sheet views?

Thanks again.

Jeff 

PrashantSangle

Hi,

3.Yes you can hide sheet tab by go to document properties->General->check hide tabrow.

4.Yes, Go to document properties->Security->check show all sheet and objects

Great dreamer's dreams never fulfilled, they are always transcended.
Please appreciate our Qlik community members by giving Kudos for sharing their time for your query. If your query is answered, please mark the topic as resolved 🙂
PrashantSangle

Hi,

2.go to sheet properties->general->show sheet->conditional(give conditions).

like you can show sheet on setting variable value.

Great dreamer's dreams never fulfilled, they are always transcended.
Please appreciate our Qlik community members by giving Kudos for sharing their time for your query. If your query is answered, please mark the topic as resolved 🙂
MK_QSL
MVP
MVP

1) If you open my file, you can see that Sheet 2 and Sheet 3 is not visible when you open the file.

2) Again from Sheet 2 or from Sheet 3, if you go to Main sheet, both sheet not visible

3) Settings >> Document Properties >> Tick Hide Tabrow

4) Settings >> Document Properties >> Sheets... You can click on sheet and open their properties.

Hope this helps...

jmonroe918
Creator II
Creator II
Author

Manish:

Actually, when I open it, Sheet 3 is visible.

Once you go to Sheet 2 or 3, if you click on the Main tab, the Sheet 2 or 3 stays available (visible).. I'd like to hide either Sheet 2 or 3 when Main tab is selected.

Thanks.

Jeff

Anonymous
Not applicable

I just opened the file posted by Manish and I only see main tab. Sheets 2 and 3 are hidden. I think all your requirements are satisfied in his file. Try it again and please make sure you are in the his file and not your original (both files have same name).

MK_QSL
MVP
MVP

What is your requirement?

Please check enclosed file...

jmonroe918
Creator II
Creator II
Author

Manish:

This works beautifully! Thanks so much.

I I could ask one more question: If I leave leave the tabrow setting to on,  so I can see the tabs.  And when I am on Sheet 2 or 3; if I click directly on the Main tab, can I make it so either sheet 2 or 3 (which ever I'm on) hides again?

Jeff