Skip to main content
Announcements
Have questions about Qlik Connect? Join us live on April 10th, at 11 AM ET: SIGN UP NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
paulwalker
Creator II
Creator II

Need Idea's

Hi Community,

I got new project, please can you help me.....

I have financial data, i have to create a dashboard, they have given one set of data 100 locations with sales arranged by products.

and another set of data with sales results for the same locations which is organized by regional managers and their respective teams.

1. How to build when building the features of the dashboard and which charts suitable ??

Please give me some inputs..

Thanks in Advance....

8 Replies
Anil_Babu_Samineni

You mentioned you have data for financial. When i was with same domain i used these which i consolidated

1) Bar Chart

2) Gauge Chart

3) Scatter Chart

4) Line Chart

5) Tabular (Straight / Pivot)

Please add me Anil_Babu_Samineni to interact faster when reply back. Speak low think High.

Before develop something, think If placed (The Right information | To the right people | At the Right time | In the Right place | With the Right context)
prma7799
Master III
Master III

You can build your finance application using Bar Chart , Gauge Chart , Straight / Pivot table , Combo Chart. ETC...

prma7799
Master III
Master III

This Link help you to understand finance project with charts ...

QlikView

paulwalker
Creator II
Creator II
Author

Thanks for reply folks....

i know those charts..

Please describe in detail some of the ways you would customize your dashboard with the end user (like Director level, CEO) in mind.

i have meeting with stakeholders, how to elaborate with them...

Suppose stakeholder will ask.. what you are provide for this application???

Like location wise.. how to present the best way...

Example: 1.  We can achievable for 100 locations  for data level security.

2. we can show top 10 and least 10 sales

3. best performance managers for location wise

I need some inputs best approaches....

Thanks...

Anil_Babu_Samineni

Good Question -

1) First of all we need to analyze more on data how data looks like (I mean Hierarchy)

2) When we talk about region sales i assume, Scatter chart is good to have

3) When we require to need country - Region - Sales (Could be Maps can help us like Latitude and Longitude)

4) Even though, We have good power and excellent performance with Qlik we can go Mekko chart to analyze more the plot orient of each region sales

5) Here, When performance comes to the picture we need to better understand and we can show like <=10 Country sales in that object to better analyze and good performance

6) When we talk about security, It's a;; about data hierarchy security. Let's take a example like if we have hierarchy called Manager - Super Manger - Employee

Here, We need to give security level for Designation / Operation level. Then if Manager login from Access point it should show all data. And when super manger login then we need to show only for Super Manager and Employee Sales. Finally, If we need to login as Employee is shouldn't go back because he don't have access to check insights of Manager and Super Manager.

Good luck for Case study and POC. Hope this helps

Please add me Anil_Babu_Samineni to interact faster when reply back. Speak low think High.

Before develop something, think If placed (The Right information | To the right people | At the Right time | In the Right place | With the Right context)
paulwalker
Creator II
Creator II
Author

Excellent...  Thank you

Do you have any example for  Hierarchy level security,

Manager - Super Manger - Employee

Anil_Babu_Samineni

In Section Access, We have feature called OMIT. Let me play around suitable example for you. Is it okay for you?

Section Access;

Load * Inline [

ACCESS, USERID, PASSWORD, MANAGERIAL_HIERARCHY, OMIT

USER, UserName\Anil, Anil@123, MANAGER,

USER, UserName\Paul, Paul@123, Super Manager, MANAGER

USER, UserName\Walker, Walker@123, Employee, Super Manager

USER, UserName\Walker, Walker@123, Employee, MANAGER

];

Section Application;

May be helps