Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
joeallen
Contributor III
Contributor III

Need help with latest year flag

Hi

Trying to create a simple flag in a calendar that filters the date between the last date of the previous month (so 2018-05-31 if max date = today) and the first day of the current month - 12 months (so 2017-06-01 if max date = today).

It should be dependent upon the max date in the selection.

I tried this in script and I only get errors and I dont understand why. When i tried the functions in text box they returned correct values....

if(Date>=MonthStart(Max(Date), - 12) and Date<=MonthEnd(Addmonths(Max(Date),-1)),'1') as LatestYear

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
jyothish8807
Master II
Master II

Hi Joe,

If you want to make it run based on the month selection, then you should write this logic on the UI and not on backend.

try like this: Create a variable in variable overview

vMaxDate= max(Date)

Then expression:

sum({<Date={'>=$(=date(monthstart(Addmonths($(vMaxDate),-12)))'}<=$(date(monthend(Addmonths($(vMaxDate),-1)))'}>}Sales)

Note: Make sure the date format is correct

Br,

KC

Best Regards,
KC

View solution in original post

7 Replies
avinashelite

You cannot use max directly in the script ....try like this

if(Date>=MonthStart(today(), - 12) and Date<=MonthEnd(Addmonths(today(),-1)),'1') as LatestYear

jyothish8807
Master II
Master II

Hi Joe,

If you want to make it run based on the month selection, then you should write this logic on the UI and not on backend.

try like this: Create a variable in variable overview

vMaxDate= max(Date)

Then expression:

sum({<Date={'>=$(=date(monthstart(Addmonths($(vMaxDate),-12)))'}<=$(date(monthend(Addmonths($(vMaxDate),-1)))'}>}Sales)

Note: Make sure the date format is correct

Br,

KC

Best Regards,
KC
joeallen
Contributor III
Contributor III
Author

Thanks Jyothish. That works well for a more dynamic solution.

avinashelite

But the above expression doesn't work in script rite ? as per your question you needed something in the script level !!

jyothish8807
Master II
Master II

Yes, this is correct.

He wanted a expression which changes on the month selection he does on the UI also, so i suggested him to do it on the UI.

Br,

KC

Best Regards,
KC
avinashelite

jyothish8807 your answer is correct I feel he question made the confusion

jyothish8807
Master II
Master II

ya bro

Best Regards,
KC