Skip to main content
Announcements
Have questions about Qlik Connect? Join us live on April 10th, at 11 AM ET: SIGN UP NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Sebastiaandb
Contributor III
Contributor III

Need to show running total of all months

Hi guys,

My goal is that i want to see the running total values for every month in the table (see picture).

Therefore i need my variable to ignore the filter for 'maand'. 

However, it doesn't seem to work as it only shows the running total for the specific month.

Could someone help me out?

if(Date([JAAR_PERIODE_DATE.autoCalendar.YearMonth])< (date([Rapportagemaand.autoCalendar.YearMonth])),
RangeSum(above(total sum({<
INTERN_LAAG_1_OMSCHRIJVING = {"Operationele kosten"},
Maand =
>}
REALISATIE)
, 0, RowNo(total))))

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Sebastiaandb
Contributor III
Contributor III
Author

He Sunny,

I've figured out a solution, partly based on the solution you provided 🙂 (see code below). I replaced the date variable for a nummerical variable ('Jaarperiodenummeriek' and 'Periodejaar') that combines the year and the month, f.e. '2019-03'. 

I don't fully understand why it does the trick by replacing the date variable but it satisfies my need anyhow :-). Again, thanks for the help!

if( 		
			only({<Maand>}[Jaarperiodenummeriek]) <  only(total [Periodejaar])
			and
			Only({<Maand>}Maand) <= MaxString(TOTAL Maand)
      		//and
			//only({<Jaarperiodenummeriek>}Jaarperiodenummeriek) <  max(total Periodejaar)

RangeSum(Above(TOTAL Sum(
            {<
            Jaarperiodenummeriek =,
            Maand =
            >} 
            REALISATIE)
            , 0, RowNo(TOTAL))))

View solution in original post

9 Replies
sunny_talwar

May be give this a shot

If(Only({<Maand>}[JAAR_PERIODE_DATE.autoCalendar.YearMonth]) < Only({<Maand>}[Rapportagemaand.autoCalendar.YearMonth]),
RangeSum(Above(TOTAL Sum({<INTERN_LAAG_1_OMSCHRIJVING = {"Operationele kosten"}, Maand>} REALISATIE), 0, RowNo(TOTAL)))
)

or this

If(Only({<Maand>}[JAAR_PERIODE_DATE.autoCalendar.YearMonth]) < Only([Rapportagemaand.autoCalendar.YearMonth]),
RangeSum(Above(TOTAL Sum({<INTERN_LAAG_1_OMSCHRIJVING = {"Operationele kosten"}, Maand>} REALISATIE), 0, RowNo(TOTAL)))
)

Sebastiaandb
Contributor III
Contributor III
Author

He Sunny,

First of all i'm honored to receive a reply from you!

I have tried the solution out but it still only shows the running total for the selected months.  It seems the set analysis doesn't work in combination with the first line of code. As i exclude the first line, it does show me the running totals for each month. However then the restriction on < date is removed and it shows the running total for all the months in the year. Off course that's not what we want, we only want to show the values before a certain date. 

//if(only({<Maand>}[JAAR_PERIODE_DATE.autoCalendar.YearMonth])< only([Rapportagemaand.autoCalendar.YearMonth]),
RangeSum(above(total sum({<
Maand =
>}
REALISATIE)
, 0, RowNo(total)))

sunny_talwar

How about this? Not sure what the first condition is for, but if the goal is to show all Months less than the selected months, may be try this

If(Only({<Maand>}Maand) < MaxString(TOTAL Maand),
)

Sebastiaandb
Contributor III
Contributor III
Author

He Sunny!

Thanks again, almost there!

Now it shows all the running totals including the selected month (i added '=' to your code):

If(Only({<Maand>}Maand) <= MaxString(TOTAL Maand),
)

The only other thing that is important to us, is that we only want it to show data before a given date.

This date is represented in a table and reffered to as [Rapportagemaand.autoCalendar.YearMonth]).  

For example, the date in that table is now '4/1/2019' and therefore the dashboard should only show data for january, february and march. 

In my first code i accomplished this by: 

if(Date([JAAR_PERIODE_DATE.autoCalendar.YearMonth])< (date([Rapportagemaand.autoCalendar.YearMonth]))

But as you know that doesn't seem to work in combination with showing the running totals for all months including the selected month. 

sunny_talwar

May be try this

If(

and
Only({<Maand>} [JAAR_PERIODE_DATE.autoCalendar.YearMonth]) < Only({<Maand>}[Rapportagemaand.autoCalendar.YearMonth])
)

or even this

If(

and
Only({1} [JAAR_PERIODE_DATE.autoCalendar.YearMonth]) < Only({1}[Rapportagemaand.autoCalendar.YearMonth])
)
Sebastiaandb
Contributor III
Contributor III
Author

He Sunny,

I've tried your solutions but after applying it returns to only showing the running total for the selected month. 

Thank you anyway for helping me! I really appreciate it.

Sebastiaandb
Contributor III
Contributor III
Author

He Sunny,

i've got the script almost working. Instead of using the date variable [Rapportagemaand.autoCalendar.YearMonth] i've used a 'Periode' variable (what means period in Dutch) to make show the running total for all months smaller or equal to period 3. However, as i'm not using the yearmonth variable anymore this also means that for the years <2019 it also only shows the running total for the months jan, feb and march. In the code below i tried to add in an additional if statement to restrict this effect to only the year 2019 but that doesn't seem to work. If that would've worked i could've easilly copied the original code after the 'else' expression. I really start to wonder if i can solve this puzzle haha...

if(
//JAAR = MaxString(total JAAR),
//if(
only({<Maand>}Maand) <= max(total Periode)
and
RangeSum(Above(TOTAL Sum({<INTERN_LAAG_1_OMSCHRIJVING = {"Operationele kosten"}, Maand>} REALISATIE), 0, RowNo(TOTAL))))
//)

Sebastiaandb
Contributor III
Contributor III
Author

He Sunny,

i've got the script almost working. Instead of using the date variable [Rapportagemaand.autoCalendar.YearMonth] i've used a 'Periode' variable (what means period in Dutch) to make show the running total for all months smaller or equal to period 3. However, as i'm not using the yearmonth variable anymore this also means that for the years <2019 it also only shows the running total for the months jan, feb and march. In the code below i tried to add in an additional if statement to restrict this effect to only the year 2019 but that doesn't seem to work. If that would've worked i could've easilly copied the original code after the 'else' expression. I really start to wonder if i can solve this puzzle haha...

if(       	
   //JAAR = MaxString(total JAAR),
   //if(
only({<Maand>}Maand) <=  max(total Periode)and
RangeSum(Above(TOTAL Sum({<
Maand
>}
 REALISATIE), 0, RowNo(TOTAL))))
 //)

Sebastiaandb
Contributor III
Contributor III
Author

He Sunny,

I've figured out a solution, partly based on the solution you provided 🙂 (see code below). I replaced the date variable for a nummerical variable ('Jaarperiodenummeriek' and 'Periodejaar') that combines the year and the month, f.e. '2019-03'. 

I don't fully understand why it does the trick by replacing the date variable but it satisfies my need anyhow :-). Again, thanks for the help!

if( 		
			only({<Maand>}[Jaarperiodenummeriek]) <  only(total [Periodejaar])
			and
      		//and
			//only({<Jaarperiodenummeriek>}Jaarperiodenummeriek) <  max(total Periodejaar)

RangeSum(Above(TOTAL Sum(
            {<
            Jaarperiodenummeriek =,
            Maand =
            >} 
            REALISATIE)
            , 0, RowNo(TOTAL))))