Skip to main content
Announcements
Have questions about Qlik Connect? Join us live on April 10th, at 11 AM ET: SIGN UP NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Need to use set analysis expression for a button

Hello,

I am currently creating a straight table chart comparing a developer's 'dev % burn' and their 'dev % complete'. In order to get an idea of what a developer's 100% complete or the burn rate would be, I divided dev % burn by dev % complete in an expression. Unfortunately I have to calculate dev % burn during an expression and it is not currently a field in my script because it is coming from two different excel sheets.

The expression I am using is:

(sum({$<[Tracker.Category Description]={"Defect Work","Design", "Development", "Documentation", "Implementation", "Meetings", "Post Production Support", "Process Reengineering Tasks", "Project Management", "Requirements", "Testing", "Training"}>} [Time Tracker.Time Reported Actual]) / ([Developer.Dev Estimated Efforts])) / [Developer.Dev % Complete]

I am getting the actual time spent from tracker and dividing it by the estimated efforts to get dev % burn. Dev % complete is already a calculated field so it is just divided by the dev % burn afterwards.

I use background colors in order to distinguish which is 'red, yellow or green'.

The burn rate coloring goes as follows:

- If the burn rate is less than 85%, it is red

- If it is 85%-89%, it is yellow

- If it is 90%-110%, it is green

- If it is 111%-115%, it is yellow

- If it is greater than 115%,it is red

I need a way to either to create the burn rate in the script or I need to be able to create a button using the set analysis expression. The button needs to be able to identify which is red, green or yellow.

4 Replies
sunny_talwar

Would you be able to provide a sample with your expected output to help you better here?

Best,

Sunny

marcus_sommer

Maybe in this way with a listbox-expression (which needs an aggr() and simplyfied with a variable for the main-expression):

vExp:

(sum({$<[Tracker.Category Description]={"Defect Work","Design", "Development", "Documentation", "Implementation", "Meetings", "Post Production Support", "Process Reengineering Tasks", "Project Management", "Requirements", "Testing", "Training"}>} [Time Tracker.Time Reported Actual]) / ([Developer.Dev Estimated Efforts])) / [Developer.Dev % Complete]

listbox-expresssion:

aggr(if($(vExp) < 0.85 or $(vExp) > 1.15, 'red', if(($(vExp) >=0.85 and $(vExp) < 0.9) or ($(vExp) >=1.11 and $(vExp) < 1.15), 'yellow', 'green'), YourDeveloperField)

- Marcus

Not applicable
Author

So I got a different variable to work called 'vBurnRate', but now how do I use a button to select if vBurnRate is <85% for example.

marcus_sommer

You could try it with an expression like this:

$(='("' & concat(aggr(if($(vExp) < 0.85, YourDeveloperField), YourDeveloperField), '"|"') & '")')

whereby you didn't need mandatory buttons with selection-actions the above mentioned listbox could do the same.

- Marcus