Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Need very urgent help about CALs in QMC

Hi,

Could anyone help me it is very very urgent.

In the QMC in the system tab under Licences I have Qlikview server and Qlikview Publisher and Client access Licence tab (CALs) under general tab I have 10 named user CALs already 7 assigend and ALLOW LICENCE LEASE and ALLOW DYNAMIC CAL ASSIGNMENT both are in Enable state will it be like that by default or only ALLOW LICENCE LEASE should be checked? Please anyone help me its very urgent

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
kaushiknsolanki
Partner Ambassador/MVP
Partner Ambassador/MVP

Dear Amelia,

You need to understand the features before actually using them.

Let me explain them.

1. Allow Lease License

This option if checked, gives an ability to Named CAL user to lease the license on their local (Desktop )QlikView version. This is a global setting, meaning it doesn't apply to only one user, it is applicable for every Named User.

2. Allow Dynamic CAL Assignment.

If this option is checked, the users who access the qlikview will be assigned the license. Meaning you don't need to define them manually. They will be assigned the license.

The problem with this feature is, sometimes the user who are actually not authorized to have license, may get the license due to dynamic feature. So its always better to uncheck this option.

Hope this is clear to you.

Regards,

Kaushik Solanki

Please remember to hit the 'Like' button and for helpful answers and resolutions, click on the 'Accept As Solution' button. Cheers!

View solution in original post

10 Replies
vikasmahajan

Dear Amelia

ALLOW DYNAMIC CAL ASSIGNMENT  should un-checked and allow licence lease should checked.

Vikas

Hope this resolve your issue.
If the issue is solved please mark the answer with Accept as Solution & like it.
If you want to go quickly, go alone. If you want to go far, go together.
Not applicable
Author

If I uncheked it will back the Used 7 licences and why it happens now earlier it is not like this Could you please help and also while assigning document CAL to one user by mistakenly I checked ALLOW DYNAMIC CAL ASSIGNMENT

is this the problem? if it remains chekced in the system tab what is the problem?

kaushiknsolanki
Partner Ambassador/MVP
Partner Ambassador/MVP

Dear Amelia,

You need to understand the features before actually using them.

Let me explain them.

1. Allow Lease License

This option if checked, gives an ability to Named CAL user to lease the license on their local (Desktop )QlikView version. This is a global setting, meaning it doesn't apply to only one user, it is applicable for every Named User.

2. Allow Dynamic CAL Assignment.

If this option is checked, the users who access the qlikview will be assigned the license. Meaning you don't need to define them manually. They will be assigned the license.

The problem with this feature is, sometimes the user who are actually not authorized to have license, may get the license due to dynamic feature. So its always better to uncheck this option.

Hope this is clear to you.

Regards,

Kaushik Solanki

Please remember to hit the 'Like' button and for helpful answers and resolutions, click on the 'Accept As Solution' button. Cheers!
Not applicable
Author

Hi Kaushik,

Why it's happened now earlier this feature is unchecked what could be the reason? Can you please tell.

kaushiknsolanki
Partner Ambassador/MVP
Partner Ambassador/MVP

Hi,

Sorry i didnt get whats your problem?

Regards,

Kaushik Solanki

Not applicable
Author

I am sorry I will explain it clear.

Under System->Licences->Qlikview Server->Client Access Licences (CALs)->Named user CALs: ALLOW LICENCE LEASE and ALLOW DYNAMIC CAL ASSIGNMENT now both are in enabled state but earlier only ALLOW LICENCE LEASE is in enable state. why this happens now as enabled both .please explain.

kaushiknsolanki
Partner Ambassador/MVP
Partner Ambassador/MVP

Hi,

Hw can anyone say that why they are not enabled or enabled.

May be someone from your admin group must have changed it, because there are no automatic way of changing those settings.

Check whether anyone else has changed it.

Regards,

Kaushik Solanki    

Not applicable
Author

Thanks very much. sorry if my questions disturbed you.

kaushiknsolanki
Partner Ambassador/MVP
Partner Ambassador/MVP

Hi,

No Amelia.

No need to be sorry at all.

I am sorry if you got hurt by the way i said.

Regards,

Kaushik Solanki