Qlik Community

New to QlikView

Discussion board where members can get started with QlikView.

Announcements

Breathe easy -- you now have more time to plan your next steps with Qlik!
QlikView 11.2 Extended Support is now valid through December 31, 2020. Click here for more information.

Highlighted
Not applicable

Network Days Nulls!

Hello I am using an expression :-if(NetWorkDays(BA_Contact_Date,Posting_Date)>'0' and NetWorkDays(BA_Contact_Date,Posting_Date)<='4',money([Sum Paid]*-1)) which works fine for the most part but for some reason it is returning Nulls!

So I then as an experiment added another expression

NetWorkDays(BA_Contact_Date,Posting_Date)  which also returned a null. The BA_Contact_date ='18/12/2012' and the Posting_Date is 18/12/2012.

I dont understand why Network days is returning Nulls for perfectly valid dates.

Any ideas?

Paul.

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Gysbert_Wassenaar
Not applicable

Re: Network Days Nulls!

Make sure both dates are real dates and not strings. 18/12/2012 might be evaluated as 18 divided by 12 divided by 2012. Use the date# function if necesary.

Also you're comparing with strings: >'0' and <='4'. Try using the numbers 0 and 4 instead of strings.

talk is cheap, supply exceeds demand
1 Reply
Gysbert_Wassenaar
Not applicable

Re: Network Days Nulls!

Make sure both dates are real dates and not strings. 18/12/2012 might be evaluated as 18 divided by 12 divided by 2012. Use the date# function if necesary.

Also you're comparing with strings: >'0' and <='4'. Try using the numbers 0 and 4 instead of strings.

talk is cheap, supply exceeds demand