Skip to main content
Announcements
Have questions about Qlik Connect? Join us live on April 10th, at 11 AM ET: SIGN UP NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Network Days Nulls!

Hello I am using an expression :-if(NetWorkDays(BA_Contact_Date,Posting_Date)>'0' and NetWorkDays(BA_Contact_Date,Posting_Date)<='4',money([Sum Paid]*-1)) which works fine for the most part but for some reason it is returning Nulls!

So I then as an experiment added another expression

NetWorkDays(BA_Contact_Date,Posting_Date)  which also returned a null. The BA_Contact_date ='18/12/2012' and the Posting_Date is 18/12/2012.

I dont understand why Network days is returning Nulls for perfectly valid dates.

Any ideas?

Paul.

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Gysbert_Wassenaar

Make sure both dates are real dates and not strings. 18/12/2012 might be evaluated as 18 divided by 12 divided by 2012. Use the date# function if necesary.

Also you're comparing with strings: >'0' and <='4'. Try using the numbers 0 and 4 instead of strings.

talk is cheap, supply exceeds demand

View solution in original post

1 Reply
Gysbert_Wassenaar

Make sure both dates are real dates and not strings. 18/12/2012 might be evaluated as 18 divided by 12 divided by 2012. Use the date# function if necesary.

Also you're comparing with strings: >'0' and <='4'. Try using the numbers 0 and 4 instead of strings.

talk is cheap, supply exceeds demand