Skip to main content
Announcements
Have questions about Qlik Connect? Join us live on April 10th, at 11 AM ET: SIGN UP NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

New to QV: Pivot Chart - Differentiating between Dimension and Expression

Hi

I am trying to create a pie chart out of the following data.  It is literally one line of data.  I would like to display a pie chart where, the Number of Green Accounts is shown as a percentage of the Total Number of All Colours Entity Accounts.  I have tried various ways, but I am not getting it right.  Can anyone please help.

Line of BusinessType of TransactionNumber of Green AccountsTotalNumber of AllColours Entity Accounts
Green BankingAccount Opening66,0006,000,000

Thank you

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
mazacini
Creator III
Creator III

Hi Natasha

You're nearly there!.

You are still using 2 dimensions, whereas i reckon you need to use only a single dimension "Line of Business".

Then you will need to use Set Analysis for each chart.

So, for Type of Transaction = Account Opening, enter this in expression:

Forum 32603 Banking Pie.JPG

Then create separate charts for Type of Transactions = Payments to Foreign Entities etc, replacing Account Opening in the above formula.

For what it's worth, some thoughts:

I would make the comment (respectfully) that maybe Qlikview is not the ideal solution in this case?

Whilst I would be a huge fan of QV, in this case I would suggest that Excel might be a better option? (See attached spreadsheet).

Anyway, let me know if you need any more help.

View solution in original post

13 Replies
mazacini
Creator III
Creator III

Can you create a dimension to indicate y for Colour = Green and n for Colour <> Green?

Then simply create the pie chart for the Total of Accounts using the new dimension?

Not applicable
Author

Hi Mazacini

I am really sorry - I don't really understand what you are asking me to do. 

Are you saying I can create a dimension on the fly within the 'Properties' window?

mazacini
Creator III
Creator III

I think you have 2 expressions for the dimensions Line of Business / Type of Transaction.

But for the pie chart, you should have 1 expression for a new dimension, with the dimension having 2 values.

So you table would look like this:

Line of BusType of TXNewDimAmount
Green BankingAccount OpeningGreen66,000
Green BankingAccount OpeningOther5,934.000
Not applicable
Author

Hi Mazacini

thank you for your help so far.  I've made more progress than I had previously, but I am still not there.

I have attached a screen print of the 'pie chart' as it stands now and the underlying data.  Can you please nudge me in the right direction.

PieChart.jpg

mazacini
Creator III
Creator III

Can you show me screenshots of Dimensions and Expressions?

I think you should have one Dimension (Line of Business) and one Expression =sum(Number of Foreign Entity Accounts).

Not applicable
Author

Hi Mazacini

Thank you for your help so far. I have left work now, so cannot send you any screenshots tonight but from your response below, I know I'm totally off point. I have three expressions none of which is a sum. I have two dimensions (I think).

When I get back in tomorrow morning, I will try and implement what you have just sent to me.

Your help is much appreciated.

Natasha

mazacini
Creator III
Creator III

Hi. I am around today.

Not applicable
Author

Hi Mazacini

Thank you.

Ok, I’ve amended the spreadsheet. I am trying to create 3 pie charts to reflect the 3 different types of transactions:

Here’s the s/sheet data:

Line of Business

Number of Foreign Entity Accounts

Type of Transaction

Regional Banking

Account Opening

Other

Account Opening

Regional Banking

Payments to Foreign Entities

Other

Payments to Foreign Entities

Regional Banking

No of Foreign Entity Vendors

Other

No of Foreign Entity Vendors

Do you still want to see the screen shots?

KR

Natasha

mazacini
Creator III
Creator III

Hi

Can you attache the spreadsheet?