cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
skellington
Contributor II
Contributor II

Newbie Set Analysis question

Hello there folks .. an absolute newbie to my QLIK Developer license here .. I apologise if this is too simple or has been asked a thousand times before.

I wanna COUNT Distinct of FieldA for all records associated with EXCEPT that the user has selected in FieldB.

What should that Expression be please?

Many thanks

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
sunny_talwar

Or just this

Count({<FieldB = e(FieldB)>}FieldA)

View solution in original post

5 Replies
Anil_Babu_Samineni

Perhaps this?

Count({<FieldA = E({<FieldB = {$(=Concat(Chr(39) & GetFieldSelections(FieldB) & Chr(39) ))}>}FieldB) >} DISTINCT FieldA)

Best Anil, When applicable please mark the correct/appropriate replies as "solution" (you can mark up to 3 "solutions". Please LIKE threads if the provided solution is helpful
Anil_Babu_Samineni

Or this

Count({<FieldA = E({<FieldB = {$(=Concat(Chr(39) & GetFieldSelections(FieldB) & Chr(39) , ','))}>}FieldB) >} DISTINCT FieldA)

Best Anil, When applicable please mark the correct/appropriate replies as "solution" (you can mark up to 3 "solutions". Please LIKE threads if the provided solution is helpful
sunny_talwar

Or just this

Count({<FieldB = e(FieldB)>}FieldA)

skellington
Contributor II
Contributor II
Author

MAN!!  That's fantastic.  Works like a charm - thanks SO much!!  Rgds Jack

oknotsen
Master III
Master III

If your question is now answered, please flag the Correct Answer (via the big "Correct Answer" button near every post; not visible in preview) and Helpful Answers (found under the Actions menu under every post).

If not, please make clear what part of this topic you still need help with .

May you live in interesting times!