Skip to main content
Announcements
Have questions about Qlik Connect? Join us live on April 10th, at 11 AM ET: SIGN UP NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

No data to display

Hi guys

I have 3 pie charts that display based on Yes No answers in Excel spredsheets.

However, on occasion when certain criteria is slected , they change to a horrid No Data to display icon ( or error message of sorts!) It is correct that they have no data to display on these specific selections, however, its looks awful popping up like that.

I have tried using sets but as I want the charts to show based on some selections I'm not sure how to write a suitable set, I would like to be able to either'

a) Minimize Chart when there is no valid data

or

b) Format the No data to display message to something prettier

Does anyone know if either is possible and if so How ?

Please help

Thanks

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Miguel_Angel_Baeyens

Blossomthe2nd wrote:There a 3 Teams in a list box , A,B,C that when I click on it gives the results for each team However, some of the Teams do Not have any results ( this would be correct) I am trying to avoid the message No data to display.

Ok. Then forget the calculation condition, and set the conditional in your expression, something like

If(NOT Count(Answer), 0, Count(Answer))

That will return 0 when there is no Answers to count for the team (dimension) selected.

Besiedes, check that in your graph properties, Presentation tab, "Suppress Zero Values" checkbox is unchecked. That will show the chart even when there is no data.

Hope that helps.

View solution in original post

7 Replies
Miguel_Angel_Baeyens

Hello,

Have you checked in the chart properties the button "Error messages"? You might create even a calculation condition so if some fields have soem selections, the chart will display -say- "Please select a Question".

Hope that helps.

Not applicable
Author

Hi Miguel

I had a look in that Option, there is no toggles to turn off, Not too sure how to write something for it

Have you written a calculation for that field ? Would you have a sample to start me off at all

Thanks

Miguel_Angel_Baeyens

Hi,

As an example, say that you don't want the chart to display data if there are not selected two years, at least.

In the chart properties, General tab, Calculation Condition write something like

GetSelectedCount(YearField) > 1

Then click on the "Error Messages" button, select the "Calculation Condition Unfulfilled" and write "You need to select at least two years to display data".

The chart will always appear, although it will be empty and will only show that sentence unles the user has selected two or more years, then the chart wil be calculated and rendered.

Use this example with your own conditions so if there are some selections to get some data, the user needs to know that he has to sleect some values to get the chart.

Hope that helps.

Not applicable
Author

Thanks Miguel

Thats a great help I'll see if I can amend that to suit my data

Anne

Not applicable
Author

Hi Miguel,

I'm sorry to be annoying you, I have tried your suggestions and I cant quite get it to work for me,

The chart works on a field called [Actioned in 48 Hours) , basically just counting Yes versus No.

There a 3 Teams in a list box , A,B,C that when I click on it gives the results for each team However, some of the Teams do Not have any results ( this would be correct) I am trying to avoid the message No data to display.

So in the General Tab I wish to write a condition that simply says if the results after team selection is Zero, use the message in the Error Message button.

The condition I wrote is

GetSelectedCount

I tried a few different variations but I just cant get it , Can you please help ??

Thanks

([Actioned within 48 hours ?])<1

Miguel_Angel_Baeyens

Blossomthe2nd wrote:There a 3 Teams in a list box , A,B,C that when I click on it gives the results for each team However, some of the Teams do Not have any results ( this would be correct) I am trying to avoid the message No data to display.

Ok. Then forget the calculation condition, and set the conditional in your expression, something like

If(NOT Count(Answer), 0, Count(Answer))

That will return 0 when there is no Answers to count for the team (dimension) selected.

Besiedes, check that in your graph properties, Presentation tab, "Suppress Zero Values" checkbox is unchecked. That will show the chart even when there is no data.

Hope that helps.

Not applicable
Author

Thanks Miguel,

I have added a date calculated condition and amended the formula within the expression and it seems ok now

Thanks a million for your help,

I wouldnt have figured it out without you

Kind rgds

Anne