Skip to main content
Announcements
Have questions about Qlik Connect? Join us live on April 10th, at 11 AM ET: SIGN UP NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
gopikrishnach
Creator
Creator

No of Records are not matching between QVD and DataBase

Hi Team,

I have one question regarding the no of records between QVD vs DB.

I have extracted the data from Hadoop Hive DB by applying some where conditions like Date, Run Count, Portfolio ID, sub portfolio ID...

When i compared the no of records between QVD and DB, we found some records are missing in qvd. In source we don't have any duplicates and i used ROW_NUMBER() also, but still the count is not matching.

Please guide us how to resolve this issue.

Labels (5)
2 Solutions

Accepted Solutions
sunny_talwar

May be the variables are not expanding to the same value as you give them in the database? None of your screenshots show the expanded value of the variable...

View solution in original post

marcus_sommer

Maybe there is some temporary locking of records happening and/or there are some limits enabled in regard to the max. number of records or timeouts. Further thinkable is that your used driver couldn't handle all records properly and just skipped them.

Something like this must be the reason because Qlik doesn't execute the SQL else it just transferred the statement, the db executes it and Qlik received the result - if there are records missing it must happens before Qlik gets the data.

Maybe it's useful to add a recno() and rowno() within a preceeding load to the SQL to find out which records are missing and then to look at them more closely.

- Marcus

View solution in original post

5 Replies
sunny_talwar

May be the variables are not expanding to the same value as you give them in the database? None of your screenshots show the expanded value of the variable...

gopikrishnach
Creator
Creator
Author

The same variable i used in Qlikview. Even i hard-coded the filter conditions. But still the no of records are not matching.
I have given the filter values in DB screen shot.
sunny_talwar

May be try to reduce the number of rows by adding extra filters and then try to see which rows are not coming through. What is unique about the rows that are not coming through.

marcus_sommer

Maybe there is some temporary locking of records happening and/or there are some limits enabled in regard to the max. number of records or timeouts. Further thinkable is that your used driver couldn't handle all records properly and just skipped them.

Something like this must be the reason because Qlik doesn't execute the SQL else it just transferred the statement, the db executes it and Qlik received the result - if there are records missing it must happens before Qlik gets the data.

Maybe it's useful to add a recno() and rowno() within a preceeding load to the SQL to find out which records are missing and then to look at them more closely.

- Marcus

gopikrishnach
Creator
Creator
Author

Hi ,

I tried by adding extra filter conditions, but still the no of records are not matching. Please help e out how to resolve this issue.