Skip to main content
Announcements
Have questions about Qlik Connect? Join us live on April 10th, at 11 AM ET: SIGN UP NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
khigaurav999
Creator
Creator

No spacing b/w dimension value and bar of chart

Hi There,

Need your help. For some reason, there is no space b/w dimension value and bars of the chart in my bar chart for a specific dimension that I am calculating to sort the fiscal period/quarter. They (values and bars/scroll) are overlapping.

Space bw diamention and bar chart scrool 2.jpg

It works for other dimensions fine.

Space bw diamention and bar chart scrool.jpg

FYI Load Scrip snippet:

[Close Month],

[Fiscal Period],

Trim(Mid([Fiscal Period],4)&' - '&Mid([Fiscal Period],2,1)&'Q') as [Fiscal Period Sorted],

[Fiscal Year],

What is wronge here? Any idea on how to fix it or best practice to achive it without creating issue?

Thanks,

Gaurav

5 Replies
Siva_Sankar
Master II
Master II

Gaurav,

There is no way to ensure that the whole name will be ALWAYS displayed. You can only tweak the pesentation a little bit. A few ideas:

1. Activate the chart and press Ctrl-Shift. You'll be able to resize the internal elements of the chart.

2. Using diagonal labels might allow more space than vertical labels.

3. Consider switching to Horizontal bar chart instead of the Vertical.

-Siva

khigaurav999
Creator
Creator
Author

But the whole name/value is displayed for other dimensions that are same in term of no. chars. in the value of it i.e. Fiscal Period in this example.

avinashelite

Agreed sometimes due to size of the chart and other properties this formatting issue happens , as suggested by Siva use the option provided by Qlik and adjust the formatting

raman_rastogi
Partner - Creator III
Partner - Creator III

Gaurav

you may decrease font size of Axes to get full name .

chart Properties - Axes- Font

Raman

Siva_Sankar
Master II
Master II

Hi Gaurav,

My suggestion should work. Else can you upload the file?

-Siva