Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
amilafdo
Creator
Creator

Not Overwrite Existing Qlikview (.QVW) File

Hi All,

I have take the .qvw file backup & add some sheet after that I have overwrite the existing file with the modify .qvw file. if I open & reload manually it is fine & newly added sheet is there. however if I reload from 'Qlikview Management Console' newly added sheet is missing. is there any way to fix this problem?

Thanks

Amila

25 Replies
amilafdo
Creator
Creator
Author

Hi All,

I have tried with changes done in original file too. but after reload from the QMC same thing happens. newly added sheet is missing.

Please note that this issue occur after I have moved the QMC server to new server.

Thanks

Amila

thomas_skariah
Creator III
Creator III

Hi Amila,

Can you check once again whether the qvw you are reloading manually is the same that you reloading from Mgmt console.

Regards,

Tom

amilafdo
Creator
Creator
Author

Hi Tony,

Yes same file I am reloading. I got some idea. I am checking with adding other details. it is fine. only not showing container object. I want to add container object to this .qvw. when I am moving the QMC server to new server Container file is missing. then only I have tried with adding that container object. but after I am reloading, container object will miss & other changes fine well. if I reload manually, container object is there.

Thanks

Amila

thomas_skariah
Creator III
Creator III

Which version are you using??

amilafdo
Creator
Creator
Author

Hi Tony,

I installed version 9 to new server.

Thanks

Amila

SunilChauhan
Champion
Champion

check weither there is any condition in Sheet properties -> general -> condition

some time its section access which restricting access of sheet and sheet might be invisible to those who dont have access

hope this helps

Sunil Chauhan
thomas_skariah
Creator III
Creator III

Not sure but i guess with version 10, sometimes using container object has some problem when showing it through web.

Can you try to add some other objects and check whether it displays or not.

amilafdo
Creator
Creator
Author

Hi Sunil,

no condition in sheet properties. property setting Show Sheet --> Always select.

Thanks

Amila 

SunilChauhan
Champion
Champion

have you distributed application while creating job for it.

some times this also causes issue

hope this helps

Sunil Chauhan
thomas_skariah
Creator III
Creator III

Can check your desktop version from which you added this container object?