Announcements
Qlik Connect 2024! Seize endless possibilities! LEARN MORE
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous
Not applicable

Not Wildmatch() is not filtering the data!

Hi,

I am reading data from a qvd and try to filter out the data by using Where Not WildMatch statement like this:

Where NOT WildMatch(Type,'*W0*','*W1*','*W2*','*W3*','*W4*','*W5*','*W6*','*WA*','*WL*','*LLU*','*LLX*','*P0*','*PG*','*IPA*','*IP1*','*IP2*')

wildmatch.png

Why do you think this is happening?

14 Replies
Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Thanks pradosh,

Unfortunately, this one doesn't make any changes either. When I test the expressions in the frontend, the result is as it's expected but in the load statement I don't see any improvements.

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Maybe try with different variations of the same string with '.' in it? i.e. instead of '*LLU*', try:

'*.LLU.*'

'*.LLU*'

'*LLU.*'

Maybe the dot is messing up the search phrases.

Also, does it make a difference when you just use one of the values?

Try

Where NOT WildMatch(Type,'*LLU*')

If that works, it could be a problem with the combination in the expression

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Just tested this one! no luck!!

Do you know ant other ways of filtering out those values considering the fact that I'm doing a resident load

and don't have access to the database.

swuehl
MVP
MVP

You are doing a resident LOAD? You were telling us that you are loading from a QVD.

If you do a resident LOAD, how does your script look like? Maybe you are performing auto-concatenation, and what you see are the original table values. That would explain why you think your filter does not work.

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

The next thing I'd try is to include the evaluation as a field in the table:

TempTable:

LOAD

CustNo,

CustGroup,

Order,

Type,

Date,

Time,

WildMatch(Type, '*W0*', '*W1*', '*W2*', '*W3*', '*W4*', '*W5*', '*W6*', '*WA*', '*WL*', '*LLU*', '*LLX*', '*P0*', '*PG*', '*IPA*', '*IP1*', '*IP2*') as Test,

If(WildMatch(Type, '*W0*', '*W1*', '*W2*', '*W3*', '*W4*', '*W5*', '*W6*', '*WA*', '*WL*', '*LLU*', '*LLX*', '*P0*', '*PG*', '*IPA*', '*IP1*', '*IP2*')>0,1,0) as Test2

FROM [lib://Path\Orders.qvd]

(qvd);

Even at this point, you'll be able to see the table how QV will see it - so will be quite useful if you could attach a screenshot of the table with the Type, Test, and Test2 fields in it.

And then do a resident load with a filter based on 'Test' or 'Test2':

NoConcatenate

Table:

LOAD *

Resident TempTable

WHERE Test <1;// or WHERE Test2 = 0

DROP TABLE TempTable;