Qlik Connect 2024! Seize endless possibilities! LEARN MORE
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Not able to re -open my personal edition qlikview file

Hi All,

I just uninstalled my QV-10 and installed QV-11 SR-2 .

when i tried to re open the document created by me ,its giving me an error saying that

"Access Denied

The file was created by a licensed Qlikview user and since u r using a a Personal edition you may not open this file"

while saving the QV file it is automatically generating folder named "Filename-prj" at the same location where i saved my file.

and when i have deleted  the prj folder and again re open the file then it is giving me an error saying that

"Your Installation of Qlikview has exceeded the maximum number of document recoveries allowed for a personal edition license . To Continue using Qlikview you will need to purchase a full qlikview license .Please contact your local qlikview sales office ,a list of which can be found at www.qlikview .com".

Any solution for this problem???

Thanks for your help in advance

5 Replies
Gysbert_Wassenaar

As far as I know once you get the message that the maximum number of document recoveries allowed has been exceeded you won't be able to open previously created qvd documents anymore unless you get a full license. Uninstalling an reinstalling will not help.

If you can live without those documents you can try uninstalling and removing the QllikTech folders in the AppData folder: C:\Users\YourUserName\AppData\Local\QlikTech and C:\Users\YourUserName\AppData\Roaming\QlikTech. Then reinstall QV again. Hopefully you can then create new documents without problems.

talk is cheap, supply exceeds demand
Not applicable
Author

Hi,

You can install on another machine and try to open it.

Rebeca

Not applicable
Author

You get the message simply because the checking algorithm it's very unstable. I used to get the error message just by rebooting the computer, no hardware change.

Don't build critical applications with Personal Edition.

Not applicable
Author

Try launching QV Personal edition and then opening the file through File --> Open. For some reason I get the same message when I double click my file to open it, but if I launch the app first then File-->Open it works fine.

Hope this helps!

Not applicable
Author

I have a PE version of QlikView Ive been using it on one computer with one user and I still cannot open files now! I also still have 2 recoveries and it wont let me do that either!! What is the problem here!! This is very problematic for me.