Qlik Community

New to QlikView

Discussion board where members can get started with QlikView.

Highlighted
Not applicable

Not able to show tree view structure

Hi Team,

My data is stored in SQL Server tables and I have created dimensions and fact tables perfectly.

ParentData, ChildData, Path and Org_Level are the dimensions and I can create a qlikview report in below format.

ParentDataChildData    PathOrg_Level
LibraryBook    Book<-Library1
LibraryNotes    Notes<-Library1
LibraryArt    Art<-Book<-Library2
LibraryScience  Science<-Notes<-Library2

Now I want to make a tree based on Path dimension. If I select Org_Level=1 or ParentData=Library then tree should have root node=Library and both children(Book and Notes) must be below Library joining by a line like below structure :

And If I select Org_Level 2 then my Path must show 2 more children(Art and Science) below Book and Notes.

I am able to show the Path in Tablebox and can create a tree by setting the show as tree view(separated by <-) but now in above form.

Please help me on this.

Thanks

Pushkar

5 Replies
oknotsen
Honored Contributor III

Re: Not able to show tree view structure

I am not sure if I understand your question correctly, but it looks like you got a table referring to itself in a node-parentnode construction. To handle that structure, look into using the Hierarchy function:

Hierarchy ‒ QlikView

May you live in interesting times!
MVP
MVP

I believe your paths should be read left to right and root to leave, so you need to transform

Science<-Notes<-Library

to

Library -> Notes -> Science

Then the tree view in listbox should work (using '->' as tree view separator)

Not applicable

Hi Swuehl,

I have Path column in one of the table which has the hierarchy. So i want to show the hierarchy as tree tree structure as i described in above image.

If i select Org_Level=1 then i have 2 records in Path column for Org_Level=1 i.e.

Book<-Library and Notes<-Library. I want Library as Root node while Book and Notes should be children like below:

https://community.qlik.com/servlet/JiveServlet/showImage/2-1011316-120331/pastedImage_2.png

Please suggest what code should i write??

Not applicable

I can show the path <- or -> and can represent my data in list box as tree structure using <- or -> as separator but output is not coming as per my image.

Please help on this.

Regards

Pushpendra

Not applicable

Hi All,

I have created Org Chart with the help of Qlikview Extension object.

Thanks

Pushpendra