Qlik Community

New to QlikView

Discussion board where members can get started with QlikView.

Not applicable

Not all data being collected from source

Hi Guys,

I am new to qlikview and need some help troubleshooting a problem...

I have two reports that access a table in SQL server that have been running fine since the reports were built by a collegue 6months ago. But all of a sudden the reports get to about 2,700,000 records and stops with no explanation. There are approx 2,800,000 records in the table.

What I have noticed is that the the load stops after 2 minutes of elapsed time. I have enabled some logging and each time i run the report I getthe end of the log file gets to here and stops.

26/05/2011 10:20:55: 0082     

26/05/2011 10:20:55: 0083      if( Action = 'Pause' AND PauseReason = '',Duration,null() ) AS SystemPauseDur,

26/05/2011 10:20:55: 0084        

26/05/2011 10:20:55: 0085      Activator

26/05/2011 10:20:55: 0086  SQL SELECT *

26/05/2011 10:20:55: 0087  FROM CCDB_02.dbo.AgentTracking

26/05/2011 10:20:56:        58 fields found: AgentTrackingTblID, CallID, AgentTrackingCallID, AgentTrackingAgentID, AgentTrackingAgentIDGroup, FirstSkill, AgentAction, AgentTrackingCalledExtension, AgentTrackingCalledName, AgentActionStartTime, CallDate, CallHour, CallMinute, AgentTrackingStartTime, AgentTrackingEndTime, AgentActionStopTime, AgentActionDuration, DurationFormat, RequestedDuration, PauseType, TimeDurNow, FloorNow, FloorStart, CallTime, LunchDur, KeyingDur, PersonalBreakDur, MeetingDur, OneToOneDur, TeaBreakDur, QuotePreparationDur, BackOfficeAdminTRDur, AccountsDur, SalesSupportMiscDur, WebQueryDur, TrainingDur, TeamLeaderRequestDur, SalesSupportReportDur, TeamManagerRequestDur, AdminTeamReportsDur, FrontOfficeAdminDur, BackOfficeAdminDur, LogonDur, InactiveDur, ActiveDur, WrapupDur, PauseDur, RingingDur, OnHoldDur, BusyDur, AlertingDur, DialingDur, HookOffInternalDur, HookOffExternalDur, KnockingDur, TransferingDur, SystemPauseDur,

My thought is that the connection to the DB is timing out so I have put a Connec Timeout = 600 but it is still failing at 2,700,000 records.

Does anyone have any thoughts on what could be going wrong.

Thanks in advance.

Regards,

Nigel

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Not applicable

Not all data being collected from source

Hi,
When I do a quick count you only have 57 fields listed. Try to figure out what the 58th field missing should be and check if it's a newly added field or contians wrong data format...

/@Ungvall

3 Replies
Not applicable

Not all data being collected from source

Hi,
When I do a quick count you only have 57 fields listed. Try to figure out what the 58th field missing should be and check if it's a newly added field or contians wrong data format...

/@Ungvall

deepakk
Valued Contributor III

Not all data being collected from source

hi Nigel,

It might be a memory issue. try reloading maullay check the memory status in task manager.

Or Check the connection. Did u made ODBC connection then try out OLEDB and visa versa..

Deepak

Not applicable

Not all data being collected from source

Thanks for the quick response guys. There was a typo in one of the fields.

I dont understand though how it would have got to 2,700,000 records before it would just stop with no explanation.

Nigel