Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Not ending installation

QlikView x64 and x86 last version in windows7 64bit. I do not install program, because appear nag "InstallShieid DLL Custom Action"-write The DLL being called encountered a problem. Whats is it ? help understand and resolve problem.

12 Replies
Jason_Michaelides
Luminary Alumni
Luminary Alumni

I've just had the same issue on Windows 7. Any ideas anyone?

Jason_Michaelides
Luminary Alumni
Luminary Alumni

I re-ran the msi file and it worked.

Not applicable
Author

you are lucky men, but its not working for me. I try meny other things: install from naked unpacked msi, from temp with deleted ini. I think problem with dll, msi couldnt find needeng dll, and stop installation. I try find what dll need in process monitor, but not result. And i read in forum that problem maybe with visualscript dll, and del in registry some key and now iexplorer not working. I dont resolve problem and propably go to XP.

Not applicable
Author

I've had the same problem on an 32-bit Windows Vista system. Any suggestions are welcome.

Not applicable
Author

Hi i have the same issue 😞 , in company we have windows XP, Vista, 7.

On XP when this error occured it helped to run as administrator.

On Vista on my computer installed without problems, unfortunatelly my boss have this issue and it is not working 😞 i've tried different aproches and nothing. On 7 the same as in Vista. We are using x86 build 8811.

I hope someone from Qliktech will spot this post 😉

Regards, Lukasz

Not applicable
Author

Hi, I had a similar problem before while to trying to downgrade from 10 to 9. In my case I had to manualy delete the Qlikview folder from my program files. Even after uninstall some files where still in this folder causing a similar error message.

Hope it helps....

Not applicable
Author

Hi Michael.

I dunno how it will work for Alexey123, i tried to install in new folder (qlikview 9 SR4 was in Program Files\Qlikview; QV 10 SR1 in Program Files\Qlikview10). And i've still got this problem. I have also cleaned up registry of H_KEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Qliktech. deleted it all ;).

And still nothing. I saw that there is updated version 10 SR1 8815 (on download page still 8811) later i'll try with that version and let U know.

Regards

Not applicable
Author

Just to update, the client version 8815 x86 is also not working...

the same error at the end of the install.

abeletsky
Partner - Contributor III
Partner - Contributor III

Try to install as user with username containing only latin characters and of course be sure it has admin privileges.