Skip to main content
Announcements
Have questions about Qlik Connect? Join us live on April 10th, at 11 AM ET: SIGN UP NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
CVR
Creator
Creator

Nprinting Dynamic Name with variables

Dear Qlik Experts,

I want to give a dynamic name to on-demand word docx and I am using a QV variable to do that. The variable gives names based on the selection i,e if i select "APPLE"  on a dashboard that exact word will reflect on the file name. I have an issue here, if i select "SWEET APPLE "  I am getting the file name as SWEET+APPLE. I mean if there is a space between two words I am getting '+' symbol between two words. Is there anyway I can solve this?

Thanks in advance,

Arjun Reddy

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Ruggero_Piccoli
Support
Support

Hi,

You are using the dynamic naming feature (mandatory when you enable a cycle) with a QlikView variable used to compose the final file name. The file with the report will be saved in a Windows filesystem, so it must respect the Windows filesystem rules about charachters. For example some special characters are not allowed.

The consequence is that you must be sure that the used QlikView variable never uses a forbidden character otherwise you will have an error during report generation.

Best Regards,

Ruggero

---------------------------------------------

When applicable please mark the appropriate replies as CORRECT https://community.qlik.com/docs/DOC-14806. This will help community members and Qlik Employees know which discussions have already been addressed and have a possible known solution. Please mark threads as HELPFUL if the provided solution is helpful to the problem, but does not necessarily solve the indicated problem. You can mark multiple threads as HELPFUL if you feel additional info is useful to others.

Best Regards,
Ruggero
---------------------------------------------
When applicable please mark the appropriate replies as CORRECT. This will help community members and Qlik Employees know which discussions have already been addressed and have a possible known solution. Please mark threads with a LIKE if the provided solution is helpful to the problem, but does not necessarily solve the indicated problem. You can mark multiple threads with LIKEs if you feel additional info is useful to others.

View solution in original post

20 Replies
bhaskar_sm
Partner - Creator III
Partner - Creator III

Hi,

you can use use your variable name with in the doubleques with $ sign like : "$(vSelectedIteamName)".

if you found this helpful, please mark as helpful or correct.

Regards,

Bhasker Kumar

tamilarasu
Champion
Champion

Hi Arjun,

I just tried to replicate it but for me it is naming the file name as "Sweet Apple". Can you show us how did you store the selections in that variable or what function did you use? Is it possible to attach snapshots for better understanding?

CVR
Creator
Creator
Author

Thanks for your reply but How can I use variable name like "$(vSelectedIteamName)". this in NPrinting dynamcic variable ? It is throwing an error

Chanty4u
MVP
MVP

use  variable like below

vFieldName

=Only(FieldName)     and use  vFieldName variable  as dynamic in nprinting

CVR
Creator
Creator
Author

Thanks for your reply

If(GetPossibleCount(FruitName)=1, FruitName, 'Fruit') this is my variable vFruit. and In FruitName column there are many fields like Apple, Sweet Apple, Red Plum.     

tamilarasu
Champion
Champion

I am not sure but this is working fine for me. Create a new word document and paste the variable in your report and let us know what you see. If you see "Sweet Apple" then it should work in "Dynamic naming" as well.

Capture.PNG

CVR
Creator
Creator
Author

You are right but I am talking about Filename .i,e Sweet Apple.Docx

tamilarasu
Champion
Champion

Actually, we are testing the variable value in above step .

CVR
Creator
Creator
Author

I want to use the same variable as the file name for the docx that is going to be generated after clicking the run report button on dashboard