Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
CVR
Creator
Creator

Nprinting Dynamic Name with variables

Dear Qlik Experts,

I want to give a dynamic name to on-demand word docx and I am using a QV variable to do that. The variable gives names based on the selection i,e if i select "APPLE"  on a dashboard that exact word will reflect on the file name. I have an issue here, if i select "SWEET APPLE "  I am getting the file name as SWEET+APPLE. I mean if there is a space between two words I am getting '+' symbol between two words. Is there anyway I can solve this?

Thanks in advance,

Arjun Reddy

20 Replies
Ruggero_Piccoli
Support
Support

Hi,

You are using the dynamic naming feature (mandatory when you enable a cycle) with a QlikView variable used to compose the final file name. The file with the report will be saved in a Windows filesystem, so it must respect the Windows filesystem rules about charachters. For example some special characters are not allowed.

The consequence is that you must be sure that the used QlikView variable never uses a forbidden character otherwise you will have an error during report generation.

Best Regards,

Ruggero

---------------------------------------------

When applicable please mark the appropriate replies as CORRECT https://community.qlik.com/docs/DOC-14806. This will help community members and Qlik Employees know which discussions have already been addressed and have a possible known solution. Please mark threads as HELPFUL if the provided solution is helpful to the problem, but does not necessarily solve the indicated problem. You can mark multiple threads as HELPFUL if you feel additional info is useful to others.

Best Regards,
Ruggero
---------------------------------------------
When applicable please mark the appropriate replies as CORRECT. This will help community members and Qlik Employees know which discussions have already been addressed and have a possible known solution. Please mark threads with a LIKE if the provided solution is helpful to the problem, but does not necessarily solve the indicated problem. You can mark multiple threads with LIKEs if you feel additional info is useful to others.