Qlik Community

New to QlikView

Discussion board where members can get started with QlikView.

Partner
Partner

Re: ODBC Connection Issue.

Yes Andrew,

I tried With & without Force 32 Bit. But its not showing any of DSN created from Administrative tools.

There is no System DSN showing in Edit Script -> ODBC Connection.

If your machine is 64-Bit. then just download and install the connector. And then use - provide a means for the Qlik Sense or QlikView to efficiently load data into an app from databases that are accessible with supported ODBC drivers.  The following databases are supported with this connector package:

• Apache Hive
  • Cloudera Impala
  • IBM DB2
  • Microsoft SQL Server
  • MySQL Enterprise
  • Oracle
  • PostgresSQL
  • Sybase ASE
  • Teradata

Then, Just close the Qlikview local client / Workbench and then open then connect to Connector and then use which DB you want to fetch then check.

PFA

Before develop something, think If placed (The Right information | To the right people | At the Right time | In the Right place | With the Right context)
Partner
Partner

Have you tried using the Tools option in the edit screen? Is it listed there?

Andy

MVP
MVP

>>Its 32 bit connection & QV is also of 32 bit version.

I think you created a 64 bit connection. The default ODBC tools on a 64 bit machine create a 64 bit DSN which cannot be seen by 32 bit applications.

Make sure you run this version to create 32 bit connections on 64 bit Windows:

C:\Windows\SysWow64\odbcad32.exe

This version makes 64 bit connections on 64 bit (and 32 bit connections on 32 bit Windows):
     C:\Windows\System32\odbcad32.exe

And those are not typos. Some MS engineer was having a really bad day when those naming conventions were developed.

Logic will get you from a to b. Imagination will take you everywhere. - A Einstein

View solution in original post

Highlighted
Partner
Partner

Hi

Partner
Partner

Hello Anil Babu,

All this is not required. I resolved my issue by re-installing 32-bit connectors.

By the way thank you for valuable inputs.

Partner
Partner

Andrew,

Yes from edit screen only I was trying, but not able to get System DSNs & User DSNs was not able to connect.

But now it has got resolved by re-installing 32-bit version connection.

Thank you for all your inputs.

Partner
Partner

Glad you got it sorted!