Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
prashantbaste
Partner - Creator II
Partner - Creator II

ODBC Connection Issue.

Hi All,

I have created system DSN to connect MySQL database (thru Administrative Tool) & it get "Connection Successful" message when I try thru ODBC Drivers.

But When I come into Qlikview it do not show SystemDSN to connect. And If I select User DSN that is not successful to get connect me to database.

Can anyone suggest what can be issue?

Thanks in advance ...!

17 Replies
prashantbaste
Partner - Creator II
Partner - Creator II
Author

Yes Andrew,

I tried With & without Force 32 Bit. But its not showing any of DSN created from Administrative tools.

There is no System DSN showing in Edit Script -> ODBC Connection.

Anil_Babu_Samineni

If your machine is 64-Bit. then just download and install the connector. And then use - provide a means for the Qlik Sense or QlikView to efficiently load data into an app from databases that are accessible with supported ODBC drivers.  The following databases are supported with this connector package:

• Apache Hive
  • Cloudera Impala
  • IBM DB2
  • Microsoft SQL Server
  • MySQL Enterprise
  • Oracle
  • PostgresSQL
  • Sybase ASE
  • Teradata

Then, Just close the Qlikview local client / Workbench and then open then connect to Connector and then use which DB you want to fetch then check.

PFA

Best Anil, When applicable please mark the correct/appropriate replies as "solution" (you can mark up to 3 "solutions". Please LIKE threads if the provided solution is helpful
awhitfield
Partner - Champion
Partner - Champion

Have you tried using the Tools option in the edit screen? Is it listed there?

Andy

jonathandienst
Partner - Champion III
Partner - Champion III

>>Its 32 bit connection & QV is also of 32 bit version.

I think you created a 64 bit connection. The default ODBC tools on a 64 bit machine create a 64 bit DSN which cannot be seen by 32 bit applications.

Make sure you run this version to create 32 bit connections on 64 bit Windows:

C:\Windows\SysWow64\odbcad32.exe

This version makes 64 bit connections on 64 bit (and 32 bit connections on 32 bit Windows):
     C:\Windows\System32\odbcad32.exe

And those are not typos. Some MS engineer was having a really bad day when those naming conventions were developed.

Logic will get you from a to b. Imagination will take you everywhere. - A Einstein
prashantbaste
Partner - Creator II
Partner - Creator II
Author

Hi

prashantbaste
Partner - Creator II
Partner - Creator II
Author

Hello Anil Babu,

All this is not required. I resolved my issue by re-installing 32-bit connectors.

By the way thank you for valuable inputs.

prashantbaste
Partner - Creator II
Partner - Creator II
Author

Andrew,

Yes from edit screen only I was trying, but not able to get System DSNs & User DSNs was not able to connect.

But now it has got resolved by re-installing 32-bit version connection.

Thank you for all your inputs.

awhitfield
Partner - Champion
Partner - Champion

Glad you got it sorted!