Did you mean: 
thankuever
Contributor II
Contributor II

ORA-12170: TNS:Connect timeout occurred ODBC CONNECT

Hello all,

When I reload my script

i get the following error message

___________________________________________________________________________________________________

SQL##f - SqlState: S1000, ErrorCode: 12170, ErrorMsg: [Oracle][ODBC][Ora]ORA-12170: TNS:Connect timeout occurred

ODBC CONNECT TO [cs1m;DBQ=PDINK] (XUserId is IGJSSLZAXXJOUDOB, XPassword is ZXPXfYZOSXXJOULUCDZMGcA)

_______________________________________________________________________________________________________

My goal is  connect to Oracle database using ODBC ,and sql select some table from it and create some .qvd.

i make sure the database is no problem that  i can connect it using  sql developer successfully.

it is very stranger that i using other two computers which can reload  successfully in same setting such tnsnames.ora and environment variables and the firewall is closed.

and now . how can i do ?

Best Regards,

Amy

6 Replies
ramasaisaksoft

Hi Amy,

there are so many causes like N/W issue ,Firewall issue..etc

can u create a new qvw file and try to use same connection.if there also you got same issue then some thing problem in TNS

else

there was no issue

for more information just go through the below link

ORA-12170: TNS: connect timeout occurred - TekStream

ORA-12170: TNS:Connect timeout occurred tips

thankuever
Contributor II
Contributor II
Author

HI Rama

I create a new qvw file and try to use same connection. there also got same issue

but i dont think my tnsames.ora setting go wrong because i use it then can connent DB at different computer.

Amy

Not applicable

If its working with other computers, then it could be some problem with the account permissions. Try to connect to the database server from the qlikview server( affected computer). Also make sure that the tnsnames settings is the same on the server and the client side. (If you are accessing the database through Oracle client).

Also refer to this link: ORA-12170: TNS:Connect timeout occurred tips

Regards,

Karan

thankuever
Contributor II
Contributor II
Author

Dear Karan,

all computer is QlikView Server .When i test successfully on a computer.

I copy the tnsnames.ora from this computer to a new computer.

And I also set the relative environment path for it.

But i  cant connect successfully.

i also close every computer's firewall to test.

I don't think it will be a network issue because two computers can connect the Oracle DB.

Regards,

Amy

Chip_Matejowsky
Support
Support

Per the error message, the issue isn't on QlikView side of things. Suggest you reach out to DBA who manages the database and provide the error to them.

Principal Technical Support Engineer with Qlik Support
Help users find answers! Don't forget to mark a solution that worked for you!
sankartalluru
Contributor III
Contributor III

Hi,

Please check data base is accessible from your machine

you are trying to connect to SQL then check below :

Open CMD and type : telnet data base IP port no ( blank CMD screen appears means OK)

You are connecting with Oracle then check TNS entry details for that DB.

2). Check query for ORACLE

SELECT * FROM "SCHEMA NAME" . "TABLE NAME";

For SQL : SELECT * FROM  dbo . TABLE NAME;(You should select DB name while creating connection string in Qlikview script)