Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
vmurugananthan
Contributor II
Contributor II

On Open trigger not working in access point

Hi,

In my application, i have a trigger set under documents properties to open a certain sheet every time i open my application in access point.  Attached screenshot below

vmurugananthan_0-1600275571459.png

vmurugananthan_1-1600275609422.png

This seems to work as expect in my desktop app. But it is not working in the access point. Any inputs will be really helpful.

Thanks in advance.

@Taoufiq_Zarra @Miguel_Angel_Baeyens @vamsee 

Vignesh

Labels (1)
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Brett_Bleess
Former Employee
Former Employee

This may be as expected, if you are using the Ajax client, the OnOpen trigger is not officially supported:

https://help.qlik.com/en-US/qlikview/April2020/Subsystems/Client/Content/QV_QlikView/Document_Proper...

OnOpen
Select this event to assign one or more actions to be executed each time the QlikView document is opened. This event is not supported when running in the AJAX client.

Regards,
Brett

To help users find verified answers, please do not forget to use the "Accept as Solution" button on any post(s) that helped you resolve your problem or question.
I now work a compressed schedule, Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursday, so those will be the days I will reply to any follow-up posts.

View solution in original post

4 Replies
vmurugananthan
Contributor II
Contributor II
Author

@mcraner14 is there an alternative to that then ? I just want a particular sheet to show up first, every time i open my application in access point. 

Miguel_Angel_Baeyens

Does it work if you open the app using QlikView Desktop > File > Open in Server or the IE Plugin?

Also, when publishing an app, the bookmark name will become "Document\SH01" instead of just "SH01" to distinguish between bookmarks in the app and bookmarks created by the system (e.g.: document chaining, session recovery) or by users.

Make sure you use the form "Document\SH01" in any other actions you want to use.

EDIT: to be able to always show a particular sheet when the document opens you need also to disable "Allow Session Recovery" in the QMC > System > Setup > QlikView Servers > Documents. Note that this setting is server wide and will affect to all documents in the server, it cannot be turned on for some documents and off for others.

Brett_Bleess
Former Employee
Former Employee

This may be as expected, if you are using the Ajax client, the OnOpen trigger is not officially supported:

https://help.qlik.com/en-US/qlikview/April2020/Subsystems/Client/Content/QV_QlikView/Document_Proper...

OnOpen
Select this event to assign one or more actions to be executed each time the QlikView document is opened. This event is not supported when running in the AJAX client.

Regards,
Brett

To help users find verified answers, please do not forget to use the "Accept as Solution" button on any post(s) that helped you resolve your problem or question.
I now work a compressed schedule, Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursday, so those will be the days I will reply to any follow-up posts.