Qlik Connect 2024! Seize endless possibilities! LEARN MORE
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

OnPostReload Event driven macro

Hi

We have QlikView server but not Publisher so all document reloads are scheduled in the management console.

I have two basic questions which I haven't been able to fully answer scanning through other posts:

Assuming ALL security related macro options are enabled on the server, in the document properties and the macro window; will a scheduled reload trigger the OnPostReload event to fire some VBScript?

If not, is the another way to trigger the OnPostReload event perhaps using something like this (QlikView Management API - Getting Started and Examples)

Thanks

Oli

3 Replies
Gysbert_Wassenaar

The OnPostReload trigger does not work on Qlikview Server. Why do you think you need it?

talk is cheap, supply exceeds demand
marcus_sommer

The server-tasks of reloading won't never execute a macro. But you could use an execute statement which started a batch-file and which runs these applications per desktop client. The simplest way is per command-line:

\\QVSERVER\d\QlikView\Client\QV.exe /r "\\ QVSERVER \d\Qlikview\Reports\MyApp.qvw"

but also vbs-batches are possible:

Re: Schedule reload with.bat

- Marcus

Not applicable
Author

We have chosen not to purchase NPrinting so I am left to look for ways to automate a PDF report from a document.

I was playing with PDFCreator 2.3 and the OnPostReload trigger...