Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

'OnSelect' a list box, load certain objects

Hi community,  You guys are great and I really appreciate all your help! I'm a 2 week QV newbie and need some help.

I am loading varoius objects e.g. a listbox and some tableboxes, charts and text objects. What I am trying to do..User selects a value from a list box (I want to force user to select one value) and On Select loaad certain objects.

My list box example;

Choose a Subject

Topic A

Topic B

Topic C

Do I need to set a variable for each value and then on select add actions?But I get option on sleect in a field only how do I assign value from list box to variable and actions to trigger..

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Not applicable
Author

I tested it in you example when Topic A is selected invoices are shown if Topic B is selected it ain't! youll find it object properties-> layout -> condition

View solution in original post

7 Replies
Not applicable
Author

I don't understand your whole problem but you can force you user to select just one value in the list box properties. you have to select 'exact one value' (or something like that).

i might can help you more it would be cool if you can post an example

Not applicable
Author

Please have a look at attached example. When a user chooses a topic e.g. A, B or C etc I want to show relevant objects. How can I show and hide tables? And user selects an option Topic A or Topic B etc , load it again.

Not applicable
Author

in the properties of every object you can set a condition. so you type in the field for the condition. fieldname = A if you want to see this object on selection a.

hope this helps

Not applicable
Author

I tested it in you example when Topic A is selected invoices are shown if Topic B is selected it ain't! youll find it object properties-> layout -> condition

Not applicable
Author

Great thanks for help. Really appreciate it

Sorry I have another question for you; when I click on Topic B is it possible to hide excluded options such as Topic A and C?

Not applicable
Author

yes, you just have to got into listbox porperties -> select hide excluded values(it on the first sheet)

Not applicable
Author

Thank You.