Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

One Excel sheet into two tables

Hi everyone!

I've stumbled upon a problem with Loading excel data into QV . I have an excel sheet with a lot of different columns that I was to use and several different tables so that I can set relations and keys as I want.

So is it possible to take one excel sheet, split it, and place it as two different tables in QV? I can't split my Excel sheet into two different because it's coming from another source.

Unfortunatly I'm currently using personal edition so I can't open any example files, please post code.

Thanks,

asolsson

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Not applicable
Author

before the load statement, place TABLENAME:

so it would look like:

Table1:

Load

View solution in original post

9 Replies
Not applicable
Author

Is it possible to split your excel into 2 worksheets? Qlikview loads sees each sheet as a different data source.

That or just load the files you need twice (Seperate the fields you need in each) and name the tables differently.

its_anandrjs

Hi,

I suggest when you load the tables after loading the tables in qlikview use to make resident tables to split then table like

Tab1:

load

From table

Load

Field1,

Field2,

Resident Tab1;

load

Field3,

Field4,

Resident Tab1;

some thing like this

Rgds

Anand

Not applicable
Author

How do I name the tables accordingly?

Not applicable
Author

before the load statement, place TABLENAME:

so it would look like:

Table1:

Load

its_anandrjs

Hi,

Try to load tables like

Tab1:

load

Fields.....

From table;

Tab1Copy1:

Load

Resident Tab1;

Tab1Copy2:

Load

Resident Tab1;

Tab1Copy3:

Load

Resident Tab1;

And add your choice of fields on this resident table or otherwise load table twise.

Rgds

Anand

Not applicable
Author

Thanks a bunch!

its_anandrjs

Hi,

You check it my way it is fast and there is you able to make a calculation on that also.

Rgds

Anand

Not applicable
Author

But the resident function means that I have to import all values into one table then take them from there. I don't want to use all the columns in the excelsheet.

its_anandrjs

Hi,

No it is not necesary that you can use tables all fields first load in the resident table and then you use it. Parallel when you load your main table on that after that you load which field you want to load you can specigy in the resident load.

Rgds

Anand