cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous
Not applicable

Open document from chart column in Chrome

Hello Experts,

i am trying to open document pdf/png (hyperlink) from a column in chart (table). it works well on IE but not in chrome. i saw some related posts but cant find exact answer to my query so again posting the question.

for information the files are located on different server. please help

Thanks,

Shrikant

1.png

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Miguel_Angel_Baeyens

You should try what Gysbert recommended, a Chrome extension to open local files with the browser.

Anyway, I would still check with IT, this should work just fine. Did you try in a different laptop and also in the QlikView server?

Is this a network share? If so, did you try typing the URL yourself in the browser and see which error returns (forbidden, not found, etc.)?

View solution in original post

12 Replies
jyothish8807
Master II
Master II

Hi Srikant,

It will be easy to help you, if you can let us know how you have implemented the hyperlinks ?

Br,

KC

Best Regards,
KC
Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

in expression-

= if(not isnull(leaveDocPath), 'Click here<url>File://server1/LeaveDocs/'&leaveDocPath,'NA')

Miguel_Angel_Baeyens

Does this path (File://server1/LeaveDocs/) exist for all users?

Also, did you check permissions on Chrome? Is Chrome in that computer pending an update?

jyothish8807
Master II
Master II

Can you try this once :

'Click here' & '<url>'&'File://server1/LeaveDocs/'&leaveDocPath

Br,

KC

Best Regards,
KC
Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Yes its working in IE and through desktop application. Chrome is up to date

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

didn't help

Miguel_Angel_Baeyens

You can try running in the URL box

chrome://restart

And see whether it works.

It does for me, so if it doesn't, and it's not related to that computer's cache, you should engage with the IT team in case they have some policy not allowing to open these type of links in Chrome.

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Thanks, but it still not working

There is no policy blocking of chrome and i have full admin rights to my machine... do i need any extension?

Miguel_Angel_Baeyens

You should try what Gysbert recommended, a Chrome extension to open local files with the browser.

Anyway, I would still check with IT, this should work just fine. Did you try in a different laptop and also in the QlikView server?

Is this a network share? If so, did you try typing the URL yourself in the browser and see which error returns (forbidden, not found, etc.)?