cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous
Not applicable

Oracle ODBC Connection

Hi,

I have connected to a data source using ODBC connection via Oracle Instant Client.

The data loads OK when I run the script within the Qlikview file.

However, when I attempt to run the script using the auto-reload functionality on the QEMC I receive a failed message.

"Error: SQL##f - SqlState: IM014, ErrorCode: 0, ErrorMsg: [Microsoft][ODBC Driver Manager] The specified DSN contains an architecture mismatch between the Driver and Application"

The ODBC connection is a 32 bit connection (confirmed).

Any suggestions?

Karl

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
hic
Former Employee
Former Employee

The "Force 32 Bit" will help you create a correct CONNECT statement, but it will not make any difference after that.

If your script contains CONNECT32, then the 32-bit ODBC will be used. If you have a CONNECT64, then the 64-bit ODBC will be used.

My guess is that you have an ODBC data source name that on your desktop is created with 32-bit ODBC, and the same name on the server is created with 64-bit ODBC.

See more on http://community.qlik.com/blogs/qlikviewdesignblog/2014/02/10/odbc-confusion

HIC

View solution in original post

4 Replies
sanketkhunte
Creator II
Creator II

Hi Karl,

Which version of Qlikview you are using 64 / 32 bit. if you are using 64 bit and you are pulling data for 32 bits of machine you need to check one option while forming the connection

"Force 32 Bit" option in connection pane should be checked.

Thanks

Sanket

Not applicable
Author

Hi Karl Lyon,

check the option--Force 32 Bit

check this will help  you.

if we uncheck force 32bit what will happen

regards

Mahesh

hic
Former Employee
Former Employee

The "Force 32 Bit" will help you create a correct CONNECT statement, but it will not make any difference after that.

If your script contains CONNECT32, then the 32-bit ODBC will be used. If you have a CONNECT64, then the 64-bit ODBC will be used.

My guess is that you have an ODBC data source name that on your desktop is created with 32-bit ODBC, and the same name on the server is created with 64-bit ODBC.

See more on http://community.qlik.com/blogs/qlikviewdesignblog/2014/02/10/odbc-confusion

HIC

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Thanks Henric,

The ODBC DSN on the server was 64 bit.  This has been changed and the connection now works.

Thanks