Skip to main content
Announcements
Live today at 11 AM ET. Get your questions about Qlik Connect answered, or just listen in. SIGN UP NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Out of Memory in a straight table

Hi all,

I am pretty new to QV but this community has been very helpful. I have two questions I need answers to.

My dataset is pretty huge (18 lakh rows). And, in a straight table I am displaying output based on selections made. This table will have around 15 columns max. I made sure that some selection is made on the sheet so that this object doesn't run out of memory. However, when multiple selections are made (say, Countries 1 2 and 3 are selected together), this table runs out of memory.

Q1: Is there a way to avoid this?

Q2: We are planning to host this using QV publisher license. Since it is on a server there will be higher RAM alloted. So will this object be able to run on the server without losing memory?

Kind of urgent. Please help.

Prem

15 Replies
jagan
Luminary Alumni
Luminary Alumni

Hi Chanel,

=Count(PostID) < 100

By using the above condition we can restrict the table to not show more than 100 rows, for example for your selections if you have more than 99 rows then you will get calculation condition unfulfilled error message, otherwise it will show the data in the table.

By the way, inyour expression, if the ID is more than 10000, then it will only consider only the first 10000?  -- It won't consider the first 10000, the count depends on the selections made in your dashboard.

How if i want to show first 1000 with descending date in calculation condition? -- Sort the table by date in descending order and in Dimension limits give 1000

Regards,

Jagan.

Not applicable
Author

As shared in other comments, you can limit the data using calculated condition. But there are many other reasons for your straight table to go out of memory.

1) Your expressions must be optimized. Use set analysis.

2) Avoid using calculated dimensions.

3) Avoid using Primary keys as dimensions.(i read somewhere)

4) The data model must be efficient for the requirements.

Thanks,

Angad

Not applicable
Author

third point is really funny where did you read that

Not applicable
Author

Hi Angad,

Thanks for your reply! My document consists social data of million rows.

1. Only one expression with set analysis

= if( ShortCreatedDate >= $(vStartDate) AND ShortCreatedDate <= $(vEndDate),BuzzVolume)

2. No calculated dimension, unless

=date(CreatedDateTime, 'dd-MMM-yy')

is considered as one...

3. I am not sure about that as i use synthetic keys in dimension

4. data model is considered simple.

Thanks,

Chanel

jagan
Luminary Alumni
Luminary Alumni

Hi Chanel,

1. Only one expression with set analysis

= if( ShortCreatedDate >= $(vStartDate) AND ShortCreatedDate <= $(vEndDate),BuzzVolume)

replace with

Only({<ShortCreatedDate ={'>=$(=vStartDate)<=$(=vEndDate)'}>}BuzzVolume)

2. No calculated dimension, unless

=date(CreatedDateTime, 'dd-MMM-yy')

Format the date in script so that you can avoid calculated dimension.

Hope this helps you.

Regards,

Jagan.

Not applicable
Author

Awesome! hope it can work well!