Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Out of object memory appearing even limited rows?

Hi,

I have below data in straight table.  with huge data. showing out of object memory. so, I limited rows. still showing out of object memory. is there any way to sort out this?

Thanks.

4 Replies
datanibbler
Champion
Champion

Hi,

in QlikView, the Cache gets stuck sometimes and you get really strange, stubborn errors that appear even though you have already taken steps against them. In that case, you might have to restart to clear the memory.

HTH

Not applicable
Author

Thanks. Is there any other solution apart from restart?

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Make sure you're using QVDs and drop any fields/tables you aren't using to reduce the data.

You can also make a conditional show on the chart you're showing to only calculate when a selection(s) is made to filter the data further before the data is calculated.

alex_millan
Creator III
Creator III

Hi,

from my experience, as datanibbler pointed out, is usual once this error shows up to keep showing out on and on. If that's the case, the only solution I've found out to avoid it is to restart the program.

Perhaps you may try to avoid this type of error by modifying the objects in order a small amount of rows is showed (in any object showing a large amount of rows, listboxes included) or, if the problem affects only in the development environment and not in the production one, by limiting the amount of data loaded.

Hope that helps,

regards