Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous
Not applicable

Overwriting Deselection within Pivot Table

I have a Pivot table with 3 dimensions (2 vertical (location, specialty) & 1 horizontal (date).

I have 1 expression (sum of occupancy). This is conditionally set not to display 2 of the dimensions have one selection

(count (DISTINCT PK_LOCATION)>1 or count(DISTINCT DATEVALUE) >1 ) ).

(When these conditions are met another table displays).

If you select a value within the expressions, the conditions will be met and therefore the second table will display instead.

However, if you select a location first, or a date, selecting the value in the expression will deselect the original selection.

I.e. if you select a location and then select a expression value for one date, it will switch to displaying details for all locations on that one date, and therefore conditions will never be met.

Is there a way of disabling certain deselect funtions, or a similar workaround to make this functionality possible?

8 Replies
swuehl
MVP
MVP

I can't really reproduce your selection issue in a pivot table as I am able to select first on the first dimension, then on the second and keeping all selections.

Note that selecting a chart cell will actuall select the dimensional values.

Could you upload a small sample QVW that demonstrates your issue?

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

how can I share a qvw file on here? My previous attempt was rejected

oknotsen
Master III
Master III

Start a reply, click on "Use Advanced editor" in the top right, find the attach option near the bottom.

May you live in interesting times!
Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Attached is re-created example

swuehl
MVP
MVP

Ok, when I select location 1, the chart is limited to location one, still showing two dates.

Then I select the first date, and the selections are kept and your logic kicks in.

Is this not what you want?

2016-06-09 16_16_10-QlikView x64 - [C__Users_Stefan_Downloads_TEMP (1).qvw_].png

2016-06-09 16_16_25-QlikView x64 - [C__Users_Stefan_Downloads_TEMP (1).qvw_].png

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

If you select location 1 :

Then if you select the '1' value for specialty 1 on the 2/04/2016

The location selection is removed. This is the case with the total numbers, and is more prevalent in the dashboard I am working with

swuehl
MVP
MVP

Still I can't really reproduce your issue. On which version are you?

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

v11.20

The logic of this is correct, but i'm trying to find a work around.