Skip to main content
Announcements
Have questions about Qlik Connect? Join us live on April 10th, at 11 AM ET: SIGN UP NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
vishalgoud
Creator III
Creator III

PDF reports are not getting distributed through QMC...??

Hi All,

new to this project and this issue came to my bucket. we have one app called sales dashboard.qvw which was distributed to users based on the region that they belong to and they are saying that till July it was good.

and working recently, not sure what went wrong, just I checked from where they are getting emails, it is an excel from which emails ids are supplied to Qlik app, to test it I entered my email and ran the app, but app failed, no error found in the log.

can any please help me what might be the reason for this, issue is reports are not generated from the Jul mid onwards and could see a warning the app task history from that dates on wards..??

Thanks Much in advance.

9 Replies
Miguel_Angel_Baeyens

Check in the QMC that the email server is properly configured and try a test mail to make sure it works.

Also, check the license for the QlikView Publisher in the QMC to make sure it includes the attribute 

PDF_GENERATION;YES;; 

and any date in there is higher than today.

vishalgoud
Creator III
Creator III
Author

thanks much for your quick reply.

I checked on the attribute and it is fine, the prbm might be because of any other 2 reasons.

1. in the email server setup - I saw previous employee email address he left the organization long back, I replaced with mine and tried it didn't worked.

2. where to check for the date ??

3. by any chance Qlik publisher license expired - I don't think this is the case why because users are able to access the apps from access point.

any way to check the publisher license status, whether it is expired or not..??

please help me with above things and other possible reasons. Thanks Again Miguel.

vishalgoud
Creator III
Creator III
Author

i suspect is this is the reason  ??

for QV publisher license LEF -  PRODUCTLEVEL;30;;2016-12-30

where as in the Qv server License LEF we have like PRODUCTLEVEL;10;;2019-12-31.

is it indicating the publishers license in not updated or expired, can I try changing the date as it in the server date..??

I could be wrong as well, please guide me where we are going wrong... !!

Thanks Much again.

Josh_Berg_Support

Yes, your Publisher license has expired and will need to be renewed in order for Qlikview Publisher to function.  I would recommend contacting your Account Manager to get the license renewed.

I'd also recommend taking a look in the QMC > System > Setup > Mail server, see how things are configured.  In order for email notification to work properly, you need to have your host name, port and authentication method all set correctly.  A good test, as mentioned previously, is to try sending a test email to yourself and see if you receive it.  If that doesn't work, I'd double check your settings.  This section of our Help page should provide some additional information about setting up the Mail server portion of the QMC.

Hope this helps!

Thanks,
Josh

Qlik Support

To help users find verified answers, please don't forget to use the "Accept as Solution" button on any posts that helped you resolve your problem or question.
vishalgoud
Creator III
Creator III
Author

Thanks much Josh,

we tried that test mail thing as well and it didn't worked, along with that I also deployed a dummy app with PDF reports in it and tried to distribute to my own email address - this also didn't worked as expected.

seems like its a license issue, as we did no changes in SMTP server setup and the settings remain standard and untouched.

Any pointers on the cost for renewing the license of the publisher please.  Thanks Again.

vishalgoud
Creator III
Creator III
Author

Okay lets assume that publisher license expired based on that date available.

PRODUCTLEVEL;30;;2016-12-30 , based on this it should not work from 2016 Dec onwards, but PDF reports are generated till July Mid this year. am in complete confusion how it worked till July 2019.

and to add more this discussion, we have another Qlik server in Azure Cloud - for trail purpose I deployed the same test PDF reports in this Azure Qlik server and its publisher is till 2019 Dec, I set up a new task for this app to distribute the PDF reports and it also didn't worked as expected.

but here at lease am able to send test emails to my email, which is not possible in other servers where the publisher license is out dated.

1. how can we know whether publisher license expired or not...??

2. Azure publisher license is not expired and why still am not able to generate PDF reports from that server...??

Please help me with your analysis. Thanks Much again.

Best Regards,

Dhasharadh.

Brett_Bleess
Former Employee
Former Employee

Vishal, great catch on the Publisher LEF having an expired date, here is an easy way to update it, go to the QMC\System\Licenses\Publisher instance and left click on that, on the right side you get the license/LEF info back, in the lower right corner of that area, you should see a Update License from Server button, click that and see if it updates for you or not.  As long as the server has internet access, that should likely do the trick I believe, as given your QVS license is current, I have to believe you have also paid your maintenance on the Publisher as well, it is just that the LEF did not update for you.  

That being said, I do not think that is going to be your main issue here.  Were you able to send a Test email from the QMC\System\Setup\Mail Server area?  We need to be sure we can get the test email to go there first before we try anything further.  Shout back when you can, I am out on Friday's, but I will be back on Monday, so I will answer then if you reply before then.  Hopefully this helps you move forward a little further.

Regards,
Brett

To help users find verified answers, please do not forget to use the "Accept as Solution" button on any post(s) that helped you resolve your problem or question.
I now work a compressed schedule, Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursday, so those will be the days I will reply to any follow-up posts.
vishalgoud
Creator III
Creator III
Author

Thanks Much Brett,

yes LEF is not updated will do that update later, but as you mentioned it is not the reason for this PDF distribution failure.

we are not able to send the test mail to our email address. and we don't see any issues with our SMTP server, but we are not sure what is going wrong...?

I created a dummy qlik app with pdf reports in it and deployed it in the server but this is failing at the server, in fact its a warning whenever we run it using the Qv server. if we run manually all okay with it.

please guide me the reason for this, Thanks much in advance.

Brett_Bleess
Former Employee
Former Employee

Vishal, first step is to get the test email working via QMC, as if that is not working, then I would fully expect things not to work otherwise.  Your best bet is to set the QMS logging to High and check the QMS logs after you attempt to send the Test Email to see what the log is writing there.  If you get that working, there is a decent chance things will start working via Publisher as well, but there can be further issues, as with the Test Email, that is being done via QMS, but when you actually run the task, that is the QDS/QVB processes, so not exactly the same situation, and you may need to take that into account as well.  I really cannot do a whole lot further without screenshots or something here.  

About the best alternative I have is to guide you to search the knowledge base, as I found quite a few articles there regarding PDF Distributions, but I did not want to post all the links here, as there are quite a few, so I believe it will be better for you to search those yourself to see what may best fit your scenario.  I simply searched on 'pdf distribution', if you do the same, you should see everything I saw.

Regards,
Brett

To help users find verified answers, please do not forget to use the "Accept as Solution" button on any post(s) that helped you resolve your problem or question.
I now work a compressed schedule, Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursday, so those will be the days I will reply to any follow-up posts.