Skip to main content
Announcements
Have questions about Qlik Connect? Join us live on April 10th, at 11 AM ET: SIGN UP NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
newqlik2017
Creator II
Creator II

Pass a column value from one document to another

Hello,

I've two Qlikview documents - D1 and D2.

1) D2 opens by clicking on a column of D1. This works for me ( I created a text box and created an action)

2) D1 has a column "Country" that has 4 values - US, CAN, MEX, ALL

3) D2 has a column "Country NA" that has 4 values - US, CAN, MEX, ALL

When I click on D1 => "US" (country value), D2 opens but doesn't pass this value and apply the filter selection on D2.

Any suggestions please.

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
trdandamudi
Master II
Master II

Yes, it is a mistake on my part attached wrong file, Here are the correct files.. Please use this and let me know:

View solution in original post

12 Replies
trdandamudi
Master II
Master II

The reason it is not passing the value to D2 because, the columns names are different.  The column name should be country in both D1 and D2. Hope this helps...

newqlik2017
Creator II
Creator II
Author

I renamed the column and now the document are identical with same column names. Please find attached QVWs. I can get D2 from D1 but the country values on D1 in the "VALUE" column doesn't transfer to D2. Not sure what is missing here?

trdandamudi
Master II
Master II

Your actions on the text button should be as below screen shot:

Remove "Select in Field" COLUMN from your actions and it will work. Hope this helps...

newqlik2017
Creator II
Creator II
Author

Appreciate your Thirumala.

I tried as your response but the value doesn't get transferred to D2 (Second document). For instance, selecting country USA and clicking the text box, takes me to D2 but the USA value doesn't get selected on D2.

trdandamudi
Master II
Master II

I am not sure why it is not working. I am attaching screen shots and also the files. Take a look and let me know.

I selected "Canada" in D1 and click on the button. It opened up D2 with "Canada" selected.

vishsaggi
Champion III
Champion III

It did for me. Can you show your textbox actions tab is it reflecting what thirumala suggested.

Capture.PNG

newqlik2017
Creator II
Creator II
Author

Thank you both.

I attached the screenshot for D1 - text box. I still can't get the value to pass to D2. Perhaps I'm missing something? I've the same one action as you guys suggested. I'm using QV 11.2 SR15.

newqlik2017
Creator II
Creator II
Author

Hi Thirumala, did you accidently attached my version of D1 and D2 instead of yours? Because when I open the qvw you attached, it looks different than your screenshot. I don't see "Click to go to D2" text box on D1. Just checking.

trdandamudi
Master II
Master II

Yes, it is a mistake on my part attached wrong file, Here are the correct files.. Please use this and let me know: