Besides the pbm regarding the peek function, I'm actually having trouble trouble executing what I want within the script before I store the two qvd into one. Let me re explain since I was not clear.
1) I load 2 differents QVD one after the other. Let's call them X and Y (see above)
2) The first QVD X contains my report_code but not the other. But they both have the test_reference field in common.
3) Before I store these 2 QVD into one QVD Z, I'm trying to use the peek function to populate the missing data within QVD Y.
4) When I reload QVD Y doesnt find the field report_code because those aren't joined yet.
5) I know I could do this in 2 steps, using the peek function in the unique QVD Z, but I need to do this in one step only. As new to qlikview, I'm having trouble understanding the concepts of "resident table", "temp table" etc