Skip to main content
Announcements
Have questions about Qlik Connect? Join us live on April 10th, at 11 AM ET: SIGN UP NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Percentage of specific amounts in Pivot Table

I am doing financials in qlikview and I need to show in the pivot table % of sales for each row.  See attached screenshot.

For example I am wanting to create a new column title % of sales, it will take each row and divide it by the total of the Title Row "Sales".  See the attached file called excel.

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Jason_Michaelides
Luminary Alumni
Luminary Alumni

Oh - hang on!  Try:

Sum(Amount)/Sum({<Title={Sales}>}TOTAL <Year> Amount)

View solution in original post

12 Replies
Jason_Michaelides
Luminary Alumni
Luminary Alumni

Hi,

Assuming your expression in the amount column is Sum(Amount) then try Sum(Amount)/Sum(TOTAL Amount) as the new expression for percentage.

Hope this helps,

Jason

Jason_Michaelides
Luminary Alumni
Luminary Alumni

Oops - sorry just re-read the question!

Try Sum(Amount)/Sum({<Title={Sales}>}TOTAL Amount)

Jason

Not applicable
Author

Jason,That worked, but I need a bitmore.  It works great when there is one year in the column, but when I have more than one year not quite working.  How can I get this to only percentage of a that one colum.See attached.

Jason_Michaelides
Luminary Alumni
Luminary Alumni

Try Sum(Amount)/Sum({<Title={Sales},Year=>}TOTAL Amount)

Not applicable
Author

Getting a little bit closer.  First I can't thank you enough for the help!!.  It is know calculating the percentage on all the, I just want it to calc for that specific column, so if I just choose 2012, it will calc on 2012.  If I choose 2011 and 2012, it will calc the sales on2012 only for that column and 2011 only on that colum.  I have attached a screen shot of how excel pivot table does it.THANKS

Jason_Michaelides
Luminary Alumni
Luminary Alumni

Have you added Year as a dimension?

Not applicable
Author

Yes year is a dimension

Jason_Michaelides
Luminary Alumni
Luminary Alumni

Then I'm not sure why the first answer I gave isn't working.  Can you post your app at all?

Jason_Michaelides
Luminary Alumni
Luminary Alumni

Oh - hang on!  Try:

Sum(Amount)/Sum({<Title={Sales}>}TOTAL <Year> Amount)