Discussion board where members can get started with QlikView.
Please help me out to how to improve the performance of any application?
What best practices I have to follow to improve the performance?
this is too general. Can you be more specific, what challenges are you facing? rwunderlich keeps a nice blog http://qlikviewcookbook.com, where you can find many tips, tricks and tools to help you with app performance.
Actually I have to check pre developed application and I need to identify the key objects to improve performance of that application.
In general, you can check for:
- complex calculations, for example with nested If() statements or calculated dimensions
- complex usage of set analysis
- complex data model with many tables and long path from one side to other (especially if you combine fields from many different tables in Qlik objects)
- long text fields
- fields with high cardinality, i.e. too detailed fields (timestamps, calculated fields with many decimal places)
- unnecessarry fields in general
- complex string keys -> ideally convert them to numeric using Autonumber()
You can use Rob's Document Analyzer tool to get ideas and suggestions for improvement, you'll find it on his page I posted before.
agree with juraj.misina
watch below ondemand webinar from qlik for reference