Skip to main content
Announcements
Live today at 11 AM ET. Get your questions about Qlik Connect answered, or just listen in. SIGN UP NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
JHLove
Contributor
Contributor

Personal Edition will not open document I created

I get the "...document was created by another user...Do you want to recover.." for a document that I just created.  I literally opened up QlikView, added one excel sheet to the script, loaded it, saved and closed.  Next time I try to open - immediately - I get the error  "...document was created by another user...Do you want to recover..

6 Replies
Anil_Babu_Samineni

You have opened many times using your id.

Clue - if you reinstall the qlikview again that means qlik understand is you are the new user not the same earlier. So you cannot recover them unfortunately.

But, as a fresh user you can open 5 times of that application.
Best Anil, When applicable please mark the correct/appropriate replies as "solution" (you can mark up to 3 "solutions". Please LIKE threads if the provided solution is helpful
Anonymous
Not applicable

As much As I know about file recovery, I would like to share with you.

Basically, if you overwrite a file, no, you cannot restore it, as new content uses the disk slots used by the old file. Unlike when you just delete a file.

Now, maybe you have a backup… That’s a good idea to backup your profile, but I guess not much people do that. I think there are some FF extensions to do that in a more painless way.

Now, sometime, FF does automatically a backup of files: check the profile folder, there might be .bak files.

Thanks,

vidmate

Colin-Albert

The FAQ for Personal Edition is here...

https://community.qlik.com/t5/QlikView-Documents/Personal-Edition-FAQs/ta-p/1495111

The document details the restrictions around the Document Recovery process.
"once you have exhausted all 4 of the recovery attempts, you will no longer be able to access documents that you have created and, from that point on, you will only be able to create new documents using your current QlikView installation."

JHLove
Contributor
Contributor
Author

Thank you all for the replies.  Please allow me to clarify:

I open QlikView.  I create and save a new document.  I close QlikView.  I open QlikView and try to reopen the document I just created.  I get the error the document was not created by me.

I have never used any of my recovery attempts.

I think the issue may be that I set myself up a while back (8 or 9 months ago) with QlikView and a personal edition user account.  Then I set myself up with QlikSense and a different personal edition user account.  I will try to delete QlikView and install it again with the more recent QlikSense account details.

JHLove
Contributor
Contributor
Author

Uninstalled QlikView.

Download and Install new.

Create and save simple app.

Close app and attempt to reopen - '"...document was created by another user..."

JHLove
Contributor
Contributor
Author

Still looking for an answer to this issue:

I open QlikView,

I create a simple app/document.  

I save the document and close.

I try to open the document again (for the first time ever) and I get the error "...document was created by another user"

I believe all my personal edition licensing details need to be blown away and start from scratch but I do not know how to do that.