Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Pie chart Question

Hello

I have successfully built a pie chart to show the percentage of each customers incoming revenue, my problem is :

when I click on one individual customer to see what there revenue percentage is compared to the total, it shows the whole pie as that customer and at 100%, i am wanting to see the percentage of that customer to the total not to itself!!

How can I do that?

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
MayilVahanan

Hi

check the attached file.

Hope that helps

Thanks & Regards, Mayil Vahanan R
Please close the thread by marking correct answer & give likes if you like the post.

View solution in original post

10 Replies
MayilVahanan

Hi

Try like this

=Sum(amount)/Sum({1} total amount)

Hope that helps

Please close the thread by marking correct answer & give likes if you like the post.
edg_baltazar
Partner - Creator
Partner - Creator

Hello Collen!, that's the way QlikView work's calculating your metrics (in this case the revenue), based on your actual selections , if you want to know the percentage revenue of that client you could make it by this way.... right click on pie chart, go to presentation tab and check 'Pop-Up Labels' box then click ok, now in your chart put the mouse pointer in some part of you pie and then a pop up will appear with the percentage and the client , also you can check the 'Show Legend' and 'Show Numbers in Legend' in the presentation tab.

Hope this Help you!

Not applicable
Author

that did not help.it actually made it worse.

MayilVahanan

HI

can you upload a sample file?

its show the only selected customer , but not 100 percentage, its show the percentage of that customer compare to overall..

Not applicable
Author

Please se the file attached.

The Pie already calculates the percentage on the Total.

If you make a selection that becomes the total and hence the results.

Think for some other ways of displaying your data

Hope this helps

Regards

Mhatim

Not applicable
Author

Not applicable
Author

did you receive my file?

MayilVahanan

Hi

check the attached file.

Hope that helps

Not applicable
Author

for some reson it is still not showing the selected company as a percentage of the total.