Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Pitfalls to avoid in a new enterprise installation

Hi everyone, I am new to Qlik, this is my first post, and I am an immediate convert I have to say! I am looking to install a small to medium enterprise instance of QlikView and wanted an idea of the less obvious pitfalls to avoid.

It seems like a simple enough product to install technically - but what are the more unusual things to beware of that I may not have considered?

Many thanks in advance for your help, and I look forward to a long association with this community.

3 Replies
Not applicable
Author

OK, too broad a question, eh?

How about this one: How do I go about explaining in non-technical terms what the difference in mindset needs to be when requesting a new app? In other words, how do I educate my Business Audience into a different way of thinking of BI? I assume there are lots of good articles on the subject and I am trying to work through them, but anything you can do to point me at the gold nuggets would be gratefully received!

Not applicable
Author

Hello, is anyone out there? Any response please? What should i not do when choosing hardware and what should I not do when starting a new installation?

Many many thanks

magavi_framsteg
Partner - Creator III
Partner - Creator III

Hi Mike.

Start off with lurking the forum, there are loads of useful information regarding setups, architecture and such.

Also, Google is your friend.

LinkedIn also has a lot of discussions and "pseudo research" on the topic.

In many cases, Qlik Support can supply you with documentation.

Hope it helps to get you started.